Friday, April 20, 2012

What Pain CAN'T Do

PAIN, whether physical or emotional, is a bitter pill to swallow. None of us desires to be in PAIN.



But, sooner or later this force called PAIN must be reckoned with. It usually comes unexpectedly, bursting through our door as a thief in the night. It is an unwelcome intruder invading our souls and bodies.



For a time, we may allow emotional PAIN to mooch off of us like a parasite or leech. But, sooner or later, we kick that old moocher off the couch of our hearts and say to it, "Enough is enough. Be gone!" Healing starts to flow.



Physical pain isn't as lazy as the mooching emotional pain is. It digs its heals in good, fighting for territorial rights. It wants us - every aspect of us. But, there are things PAIN cannot have unless we relinquish our rights.


This poem is dedicated to Martha, Judi, Caroline, Steve, and all those suffering from the ravages of emotional or physical PAIN. This post is meant to encourage you. I pray it will do so.

I've adapted the poem What Cancer Cannot Do, author unknown.

What PAIN Cannot Do

Pain is distressful but LIMITED.
It cannot cripple LOVE.
It cannot shatter HOPE.
It cannot corrode FAITH.
It cannot eat away PEACH.
It cannot destroy CONFIDENCE.
It cannot kill FRIENDSHIP.
It cannot silence COURAGE.
It cannot conquer the SOUL.
It cannot shut out MEMORIES.
It cannot quench THE SPIRIT.
It cannot reduce ETERNAL LIFE.

If you are in a battle with PAIN - whether physical or emotional - you know very well that it definitely tries to shatter, corrode, eat away, etc. as it invades who we are. It sure tries. Some days it is more successful than others because we get so weary.

The Rock on Wading River Beach
But, Child of God, know this: Greater is He Who is in you, than he (pain) that is in this world! (I John 4:4)

You will get through this. YOU WILL be victorious over this tormentor in your life.  For if God be for you, who (or what) can be against you? (Romans 8:31)

I can attest to this: God will not let you down! He is the Champion of your soul! He has not forgotten nor forsaken you, as PAIN would like you to believe. He is right beside you. He has placed you on other's hearts and they are interceding for you and your families today.

So, stand strong on The Rock!  I am rooting for you, praying for you, holding you close as I come before our Father; praying you will not relinquish the rights to your soul.

You may be in the battle of your life, but be comforted with the knowledge that others are warring in battle on your behalf!

If you, or someone you know, are in PAIN, and you would like to be added to our Circle of Prayer list,  please email me at: aew7777@gmail.com. Feel free to go to Martha's and Judi's blogs. You will be uplifted and encouraged in your daily battle.

God bless you!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

8 comments:

Lolita said...

AMEN!

"wHO CAN BE AGAINST US?!

NOT PAIN, NOT ANYTHING, HALLELUJAH!!!!

STOMP PAIN ON THE HEAD, MAKE IT OUR FOOTSTOOL....... FOR HE THAT IS IN US IS GREATER THAN HE THAT IS IN THE WORLD!

IN THE MIGHTY NAME OF OUR LORD, JESUS CHRIST!

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Without any doubt-this says it ALL about PAIN. Showing the photo of those horrendous PAIN POINTS in the body is an eye-opener and for everyone who suffers with Chronic Pain, Do not be over-come by so Many Points that PAIN wants to grab.

I choose to keep telling myself and others-Just keep taking the FIGHT Back against the PAIN. Sometimes your victories are so TINY-but always claim it as a Victory-because it will help you get to the next second, then minute, then hour as you suffer.

God bless you Diane-this was an amazing piece of writing about Pain and I am humbled you have chosen to mention my name-again, you touch me and its like a bell going off in my head, saying "HEH, you can do this-just keep on working and Praying!"

Love you-my dear COF friend.

Martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Well, alright, Lolita! WAHOO! You go, girl! Amen and Amen!

And Martha, actually when I found that photo, I thought of you!

Andrew Ronzino said...

Amen!

Betty said...

Love the post...Martha and Terri have been such an encouragment to me. I have been experiencing "little victories" lately and I know it because you the circle of friends pray for me. The circle is widening I see, new ladies joining. Blessings my friend.

Pam said...

Oh yes, Lolita... Jesus put all evil under our feet as our footstool, just as it is under His. Great reminders, Diane...

Claire Vorster said...

Thank you for this great encouragement beautiful lady. You always bless me.

May His love keep you warm, always.
Cx

Veronica Shticks said...

I am just so humbled by all of you!