Friday, April 6, 2012

Oh, That Wonderful Cross

Years ago, I was praying with a woman who had some issues with her father. You see, she considered her father to be her best friend, but there had been a betrayal. So she was betrayed by her dad/her friend at the same time. She didn't have a problem forgiving her dad, but she struggled to forgive the friend part of her dad who betrayed her. Her scars ran long and wide. As I was praying over her for The LORD to heal her, I had a vision. 

It was an old, rugged, wood cross with flesh stuck to it and blood splattered all over it. A word was inscribed on the crossbeam. 

Immediately, The Holy Spirit quickened Matthew 26:50 to me: "And Jesus said to him, 'Friend, why have you come?' Then they came and laid hands on Jesus and took Him."

Do you know who this friend was that Jesus was talking to?

Judas. Judas Iscariot. The one who betrayed Him with a kiss.

Even though Judas betrayed Him, Jesus still called him "Friend". 

The vision I had of the cross - The word inscribed on the crossbeam was "Friend"
No matter what we've done or haven't done.
No matter what we feel or don't feel.
No matter if we struggle with the Lordship of Jesus Christ or not.
No matter if we've turned our backs on Him as Peter did.
No matter if we have doubts like Thomas.
No matter if we curse His holy Name.
No matter if we do not love Him as we should.

He still calls us "Friend".

Only Love - True Love - can say such a thing.  How blessed we are to experience His unrelenting, extravagant Love toward us!

P.S. In case you are wondering: The woman was able to forgive the friend side of her father and was glorious healed and set free.

May you have a wonderful celebration of The Resurrection!

Because of Him and Unto Him,

9 comments:

Lolita said...

I'm happy that the woman was able to move on by forgiving the friend side or his dad.

It is so healing to be able to forgive.

And Jesus is our best friend who loves us no matter what. He has died for all our sins-past present and future.

What a reflection you had-so timely for the Easter. Our savior lives forevermore.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
a loving post that is filled with the HEART of the Easter Message. Jesus did NOT hate or carry anger at the ones who led him to His cross.

Love-the greatest gift of all....

May everyone have a blessed Easter.

Blessings to all. Martha

A Joyful Noise said...

I am so happy that Jesus can call me friend even after I have betrayed Him. Your story and vision is powerful !!

Pam said...

This is beautifully expressed, Diane. I was just asking the Lord to put something on my heart for my blog today (still need to write it) and the message is similar... It is such a beautiful day here today, and lifting my heart to thanksgiving for all the ways He was broken and poured out for us! God bless you today!

Veronica Shticks said...

I'm moved by how earnestly and lovingly you were praying. My evidence is your vision. Visions come to strong requests from one's heart and you were lovingly asking for an answer to someone else's problem! You are a wonderful friend too, Diane! You make Jesus proud!

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Tonight our church had a group of men act out the Journey Christ walked on His way to the Cross. They were dressed in full period attire, and we all stood outside, as they brought a beaten, bloody looking Christ for all to see and then put that HEAVY cross on His back.

I hadn't seen this before and what amazed as I watched was two things:

Our church has been booming with families arriving who have so many children and as this was unfolding-there was a SOLID line of children, standing in front and watching ever single move of this! It hit me that for a few minutes-all the Bible stories they have heard, came to life for them and not ONE of those kids left until the drama was done.

My other shock was to see the reaction of strangers-each car that drove by came to a complete stop, like they had to look again and couldn't believe what they were seeing. Some cars stopped, people got out and watched. One particular vehicle drew my attention-sadly our church is located very close to a public Bar-they got moved in before any legal papers could be filed to get them out of the area.

We here loud music all the time, the church fencing has been knocked down-the list goes on.

But one man and his wife turned into the bar area and I couldn't take my eyes off of them. His wife quietly got out and stood in silence, watching this drama. At first the husband had his window rolled up, but his face was almost pressed against the glass-like he did NOT want to take his eyes away from this scene. Finally he let his window down so he could hear the people yelling the chant "Crucify Him, Crucify Him!"

The amazing thing-this couple did NOT enter that bar until we had all left and walked to the church where our Good Friday services would continue.

Sorry to be so lengthy, but I found myself thinking-going back in time, to that awful day where they tortured our beloved Jesus-and I wondered: how many people who did not want to see this, found themselves glued to the image of Christ dying on that Cross?

It was very moving-and so much for people to allow themselves to comprehend.

We didn't stay for all of the service, Pain just was wanting a big chunk of me!

Bless you for letting me share this.

love you Diane, have a loving Easter.
martha

Lolita said...

I am wishing everyone, a Happy Easter. Our savior lives... Jesus is alive.

Diane Ronzino said...

All your comments reflect your hearts and I'm so proud to know all of you!

Martha, thank you for sharing what your church did. I can imagine the impact this visual had on the community. I know how it would have affected me.

I bless you all, in Jesus' Holy Name! Enjoy your families, enjoy your Beloved.

Saleslady371 said...

A great message with a great ending! Happy Easter.