Saturday, April 28, 2012

My First Officiate

What a day I had on Tuesday!  As Martha would say, "It was my joy for the day."  In this case, I think it was my joy for a month!

It was my second day of "class". I started my studies at 7:30 AM. About 8:05 the phone rang. Must be the devil to distract me. No one calls me that early. So, I completed what I was working on and when I took a break, I checked the answering machine. The message was from a woman in my new church. Wow...someone from church called me!  She asked me to call her back as soon as I got the message.

I did.

Fran is more of a newbie to our church than even I am. She is in her seventies (and proud of it!) and leads a Tuesday morning Bible study at a nursing home. "I'm going to do something special today, would you come?"  I wanted to support her, so I said yes. I quickly hopped in the shower and took off for the 45 minute car ride.

I prayed in the Spirit all the way over there.

Background Info:

A couple of weeks ago I attended a women's prayer meeting. There was seven of us, including Fran. There was a woman there who needed prayer for her marriage. After we prayed, I shared this Scripture with her:
For your Maker is your Husband,The LORD of Hosts is His Name; And your Redeemer is the Holy One of Israel; He is called the God of The Whole Earth.  ~ Isaiah 54:5 
I shared with the women about my covenant ring. I wear it on my thumb. It's the ring that symbolizes my commitment to Jesus as my Husband. It's a constant reminder of His Love for me. Song of Solomon 6:3 is embossed in Hebrew on the ring.
      I am my Beloved's and my Beloved is mine. 
My covenant ring always adorns my right thumb.

Back to Tuesday:

The "special thing" she wanted to do Tuesday morning was "marry" Jesus in the presence of the precious men and women she ministers to each week. She purchased a beautiful ring and even brought a red rose to hold. She asked me if I would come up and pray over her, anointing her as she accepted Jesus as her Husband. I was so very thrilled.

In all my years since I did that all alone in my own living room, I've never known another woman who has done that. I was honored and blessed beyond measure to not only have witnessed it, but to have participated in it.

I praise God from Whom all blessings flow!  Hallelujah!

If you have never done this, women of God, I exhort you to do so! It doesn't have to be a James Avery ring.  You can use a pipe cleaner if you so desire.

You are your Beloved's and your Beloved is yours!  The LORD God Almighty, your Creator, is your Husband!

Because of Him and Unto Him,



14 comments:

Diane Ronzino said...

Dieneke, welcome to "an encouraging word". I tried to email you, but Google Connect said it couldn't be done at this time.

I went to your blog, but since it is not in English, i could not read it. I hope that we can connect via English!

God bless you.

joy said...

Thank you so much for visiting my site and for your touching comment. I read this post of yours and i was so touched by this old lady who made Jesus as her husband. I work with the elderly and they are my ministry and I Loved being with them.

joy said...

By the way i am now your new follower:)

Diane Ronzino said...

Welcome Joy "an encouraging word".

Working with the elderly truly is a calling. Not everyone can do it. The LORD bless you for all you do in His Name!

I look forward to getting to know you! I hope you will come back when you have time to browse around the site and get to know the others in our Circle of Sharing!

Pam said...

I love this scripture version, Diane and I needed to read that today. Lots going on by the enemy in trying to put a wrench in a close friendship I've had since college days... started by a misunderstanding of something I tried to share about my feelings. She's married, I'm not of course...but more and more I know that Jesus is my BFF. And when others don't want to talk things out in Him, then He will work it out as we release it. Anyway, that verse really ministers to me today more than ever.

Love this story. Never thought of doing that. I have a James Avery butterfly charm that I used to wear all the time on a chain. Also my mom had a beautiful cross he designed years ago but we don't know what happened to it. I couldn't believe it when I saw his name in the post about your ring from him. I thought he only worked in CA. Small world from one coast to the other. :)

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Pam, I'm so glad this ministered to you. I'm sorry for what you are going through, but your Beloved understands.

I will be praying for reconcilliation. The devil has come against you in such a big way for a long time now. Pam, God's awesome plan for your life is about to unfold. Stand, my sister and friend. Stand in your Beloved's Strength! Stand!

Pam said...

I needed to hear that, too, Diane! I may email you separately later... don't want to say much here and I need to go run some errands. But it just all makes me so teary. I think I'm so weary of it all, especially being physically drained, but you are so right. I'm so grateful He knows us better than anyone and is never let down or misinterpreting our intentions.

theshticks.com said...

I love that you showed the ring in a picture! It adds a wonderful touch to your great story!

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam, yes, please email me.

Thanks, Veronica!

Caroline S said...

Diane,
Stopped in a few times Diane and have really been enjoying your blog.You speak right to the heart in an inspiring,natural and warm way.

I really love the whole idea and symbolism in how you had and now Fran also signifies her intimate connection to Him.I might consider having a covenant ring.

Only HE is perfect and is always there for us.After all.. who else is perfect or who can be a rock in a relationship? I have lived under the illusion many times as I think many of us have,that I am my partners rock or he is mine when encountering difficult life instances.Whether we are portraying the rock or perceiving the other as it,although usually with good intentions..can't we be setting up possibly quite unrealistic expectations for each? This scripture in recent months has helped me in my marriage. ~ "There is no one holy like the LORD; there is no one besides you; there is no Rock like our God." - 1 SAMUEL 2:2
Caroline S

Diane Ronzino said...

Caroline, I welcome you to an encouraging word and to our Circle of Sharing.

I'm blessed that you would even consider a covenant ring! I'm sure it will be as life changing for you as it was for me. Fran was showing her ring off at church today, glowing like a new Bride. I'm so happy for her.

Thank you for your insight into being or perceiving the rocks in our lives. I love the Scripture verse that has been a source of strength to you. Thank you for sharing it with us all.

I hope you will find this a loving group, very encouraging and supportive. We're blessed to have you join us!

Lolita said...

Oh, D!

That was so precious! I am in awe of the vow you both did and the commitment to Jesus as your husband. I never heard this done around here, not that I know of. So noble and so precious.

Thanks for sharing and I share with the joy you must have felt to the max, while praying over your friend, and for all to see.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Lolita! Thank you for sharing our joy. Fran was "beaming" yesterday at church, just like a new Bride! It was precious to witness!

Diane Ronzino said...

Donna, you're so funny! I love your way!

Seriously, it was an awesome day and I'm so glad you shared in it with Fran as well. Do you think you can email me the photos? Fran is computer challenged, so I said I would have them printed for her. Thanks, Donna!

Have you gone to Martha and/or Judi's blogs. They suffer from horrific, chronic pain. You will love them and their blogs will minister to you. At least it does me!