Monday, April 16, 2012

Don't Forget The In Between Times

I love sharing inspiring writing. I came across Robert's blog, Everyone Listen, and asked his permission to reblog his post. This poem is very deep. Worth reading a couple of times, allowing it to speak to you. 


It's my pleasure to share it with you.
Don't Forget The In Between Times 
by Robert J. Gerryts
Don’t forget the in between times.
                                                                         
Because life isn’t all carousels or lollipops, weddings or baptisms.
                            
Don’t forget the boring bits.
                                                                                
Because life isn’t all graduations or birthday cakes, church bazaars or Christmas day.


Don’t forget the waiting.
                                                                                            
Don’t forget the wondering.
                                                                                     
Don’t forget the empty canvas.
                                                                                 
Don’t forget the long stretches of time sitting in a chair beside someone as they heal.
Don’t forget the pen, the paper, and the muse elusive.
                                          
Because life isn’t all moments of euphoric inspiration.
                                              
Don’t forget the delayed flights, the cancelled flights, the loved one far away.
                                                                                                       
Because life isn’t all instant, even though we want it so.
The grey days, the cloudy days, the rainy days, the darkest days.
                             
The nothing days, the moody days, the lonely days, the empty days.
Don’t forget the in between times.
                                                                                
As we journey from one great life event to the next.
                                                    
Don’t forget the in between times.
                                                                       
Because we need to be prayed over then too.
                                                 
Sometimes more…
So much more…
As time stretches…
~~~~
I hope you enjoyed it! If you did, stop over at his blog and tell him so!
Because of Him and Unto Him,


14 comments:

Veronica Shticks said...

This reads like a song--and it's so soothing! Thank you for sharing this gem, Diane!

Lolita said...

Diane, I so appreciate how you find all the most in-depth blogs in the whole blogosphere.

He is so deep. Yes, V is right, this is so soothing, the phrasing is so good, and the message hits the spot. We need to take time to remember the mid-moments, times which are easy to ignore, yet important for the balance.

It reminds me of caring for the care-givers, who are taken for granted.... also ministering to the ministers and leaders, who themselves need time-off and time for inputs.

Diane Ronzino said...

V, I thought that too!

Lolita, I love how it reminds you of caring for care-givers and ministering to ministers and leaders...what a heart you have!

Joe and I always wanted a second home in the country not so much for our family, but to be able to hand the keys to someone who needed a get-a-way, especially ministers. So far, the dream is still only a dream. That saddens me.

Shanda said...

I've never heard this song but am going to listen. I have spent the last 4 years in a waiting period and God has been teaching me so much.

Diane Ronzino said...

Hi Shanda, Welcome! I'm glad you stopped by.

I see you and your husband are missionaries. My only daughter was a missionary to South Africa for 12 years. She is now home in the States. Alece's blog is: www.gritandglory.com

And let me introduce you to our wonderful friend, Betty, who has just returned to the States after being out of country for many years. Bettys blog is: www.betty-wiseheartedwomen.blogspot.com
She is a very wise, courageous, loving woman. I think she would have much to impart into your life, if you'd like to connect with her.

I hope you will come back to visit with me and our Circle of Sharing/Friends. We'd love to get to know you and support you with inspiration and encouragement any way we can during this time in your life.

God bless you!

A Joyful Noise said...

Thank you for your beautiful insight into songs and posts that inspire and bless our hearts!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Hazel.

Thanks for stopping by!

How are you? I loved your latest post!

Pam said...

Robert didn't comment, but he clicked "liked" on the posts i did for the prayer corner, and I've been reading his blog since then... Good idea to share it here :)

Diane Ronzino said...

Cool! Great, Pam!

Lolita said...

I have gone too and commented, I think it is a guy's way to be silent, not like us.... LOL! blah, blah, blah...... Ha ha ha.... aren't we?

How could we ever connect?

Diane Ronzino said...

LOL. Yes, Lolita! Thank God we can blah, blah, blah...
LOL! Good night, dear Circle

Robert J. Gerryts said...

Thanks for the kinds words folks, and thanks for sharing my piece with your readers Diane. Yes I am a pretty quiet person at times, but I do read the comments and found all of your words a real affirmation of my work. Thanks again. Have a great day!

Diane Ronzino said...

Robert, thanks for stopping by to comment! You truly are a gifted writer and we're blessed to read your work.
Feel free to come back anytime and share with us!

Crown of Beauty said...

I love this piece of writing! Thanks for sharing it with us on your blog.