Friday, March 16, 2012

A Trinity of Pleasure

He has shown you, O man, what is good;
And what does the LORD require of you
But to do justly,
To love mercy,
And to walk humbly with your God?
~ Micah 6:8

I love this Scripture. God is a Triune Being, and this one verse has three components of behavior to it. 

1. DO Justly - Always do what is right, good, and honest. This is a morality issue and deals with our integrity and outward interactions with our fellow man.

2. LOVE Mercy - We must delight in being merciful, just as Jesus Christ is merciful to us. We are to be the extender of second chances and the ministers of reconcilliation wherever possibe. This has to do with our inward man and the thoughts and intents of our heart. The fruit of which will be seen in our merciful choices with others.

3. WALK Humbly with God - Be humble before God and live in continuous fellowship with Him so that we may know Him - truly know Him - and therefore behave as He would. This is with our upward relationship with God, causing our light to surely shine in dark places. 

Our Lord Jesus Christ fulfilled Micah 6:8.  He remained obedient and loyal to His Father, and became humble to the point of death on the cross (Phil. 2-6-8).  Jesus was the ultimate mercy extender, extending mercy even to you and I. He always acted justly and walked so humbly before God that He did nothing except what He heard and and saw His Father do.  In living out this verse, He justified sinners who would believe in His sacrifice on their behalf. And became our Living Example.

Inward, outward, and upward - a trinity of pleasure unto our God. 

Oh, Father, please forgive us where we lack, but show us, Dear LORD, how to manifest these three components in our lives. Place opportunities before us to live as Jesus would, so we might accurately portray Him to this hurting world.

Because of Him and Unto Him,


14 comments:

Veronica Shticks said...

"...humble to the point of death on the cross." I've never heard it put that way. True! I'm so thankful that you remain focused on the true message of Jesus, Diane!

Lolita said...

Yes, so humbling, this message is, Diane. Thank you for reminding us. I so love the this one, which focuses in the inward aspects:

"We must delight in being merciful, just as Jesus Christ is merciful to us. We are to be the extender of second chances and the ministers of reconcilliation wherever possibe. This has to do with our inward man and the thoughts and intents of our heart. The fruit of which will be seen in our merciful choices with others."

I has the most struggles in God's children, including me.

Thank you, D. So timely.

Lolita said...

Lease fill up the letter I am missing. TY

Diane Ronzino said...

Veronica, I wish I could take credit for that line, but God Almighty said it first through the Apostle Paul in Philippians 2:8: "And being found in appearance as a man, He humbled Himself and became obedient to the point of death, even the death of the cross."

Thank you for what you said about the true message of Jesus. I appreciate that.

Diane Ronzino said...

I found this Scritpure to be most humbling as well and I realize how I fall short!

Many years ago, I "camped" (as we Americans say) in this verse. Studied it. Prayed it. Made choices based on it. It changed my life.

The LORD was gently reminding me AGAIN the need to camp out!

Anyone bring a sleeping bag? LOL

Judi S. Coleman said...

Wow, wow, and double wow... camping in this verse..love that comment above. Diane, when are you going to write a devotion book or something about your journey???

I had a very difficult neurologist appt. yesterday and this is just the pillow I need to rest on, and the food I need to feast on today...Thank you and praise God for speaking through you.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Such a beautiful post-i continue to be inspired at the Spiritual words you find and the simplicity I can see in how we need to apply these words to our lives.

We are human-and therefore stumble and make mistakes but I am always reminded of the "Footprints in the Sand" and it comforts me to know that when I fall off the path-due to frustration of the Pain journey, He is right beside me and helps me to not stray far. Just the words needed and I hope they help many people.

Love, martha

Pam said...

This just came to me today, and reminds me of another triune message like the Shamrock. :) Beautiful.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Judi, I'm blessed to know that the words touched you especially with a difficult neurologist appointment.

My dream is to write a devotional. But, there are so MANY truly great ones. There doesn't seem to be a need.

And I'm writing my memoir - true - accurately true accounts of all the circumstances Jesus interviened on and where God's loved changed me.

The page tab at the top of the blog "Excerpts from my Memoir" you will find two Love stories. The tab "Forgiveness Rendered" is an amazing account of God's miraculous power to bring healing to three people.

I hope you read them and that God will touch your heart in some way by them. My stories are my living legacy to my children. My stories and my Bible tell it all. You should see my Bible! The last 29 years of walking with Jesus is recorded in that falling-apart Bible.

Anyway....thank you for reading!

Diane Ronzino said...

Martha, yes...the Footprints in the Sand...He not only helps you not to stray far, He lifts you up and carries you. Such Love!

Hallelujah!

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam, Amen! Loved your post. We've been on the same wave length more than once! isn't that special?

Thank You, Jesus!

Betty said...

Diane it's one of those late night too much trying to worry me so to fight it I sit at my computer listening to the most Godly music reading your post.

I have joined a bible study in James, Mercy Triumphs. So needed to hear this good teaching even though I have studied James several times before, always something deeper gets revealed that I need so bad. so grateful the Lord never say, you didn't it the first time I taught you so you don't get it now. Praise God for his mercy that must teach the same truth over and over again.

I like what Lolita said:
We are to be the extender of second chances and the ministers of reconcilliation wherever possibe. Agree with her statement. I have so often been the receivee of those extending chances I know I don't deserve but God mercy give it to me.

Good truth to read at 1 in the morning while enemy is trying to destroy my peace with the Lord.
Blessing my dear sisters

Diane Ronzino said...

Hallelujah, Betty! I'm sorry the battle is waging, but glad that God's Word is a shield round about you.

The book of James is the one book in the Bible that renewd my mind and transformed me from a bi-polar, dysfunctional tyrant to who I am today.

The next study I will do will be the book of James. I'm an expository teacher, so it may take us quite some time to get through. But, hopefully, it will impact the women they way it did me.

I'm praying for you, Dear Betty! REST in His Loving Arms...REST.

Pam said...

Yes, it is, Diane. That's the Holy Spirit for you - love it, and Him!

Glad to know you enjoyed my post. I wanted to do something for the day that would speak to more than just St. Patrick. But then I read some wonderful things on a christian author's blog about deep faith and forgiveness that St Patrick led in the hearts of believers. He sounded truly Spirit-led in so many ways.