Friday, March 9, 2012

Random Acts of Insight

I've had it happen only seven times in my whole 58 years of living that I can remember.

1. In 11th grade, a boy named Frank brought me a gift - a bottle of English Leather cologne. He knew how much I enjoyed that scent. To this day it's the only scent that has an affect on me. It was the first time in my 17-year-old life that I felt someone really saw who I was. It was a gift I've never forgotten, nor the giver. My junior and senior years of high school were the most difficult years of my life. Frank's random act of insight into my soul helped sustain me and gave me hope that I wasn't doomed to a lifetime of being an unknown entity.  This was a pivotal moment in my young life. 

2. About 22 years ago, Michael, my oldest son - who was then a young teen - gave me a lighthouse pendant, acknowledging a prayer I've always prayed: LORD, let Your Light shine from me like a lighthouse in the darkness.  The original pendant was given away. But, soon thereafter I was able to purchase the same lighthouse pendant. My son's gift was an integral part of my identity and still adorns my neck and is part of my email address.  His acknowledgment of this side of his mother did so much to help heal my wounded soul. 

3. For my 40th birthday, my husband, Joe, gave me a gorgeous, expensive, red w/silver trim pen. He believed in the writer within me before I could even acknowledge, "I'm a writer". That pen symbolized Joe's vision of my gifting.

4. About eight years ago, a dear brother-in-the-Lord gave me a color-by-number set knowing how much coloring was a form of R&R for me.  It touched me deeply that he saw that minute part of me.

5. Around that same time, Alece and Niel gave us a cruise to Alaska, knowing my "I'd-move-there-in-a-heartbeat" love for our most northern state. That cruise to Alaska with Alece was the highlight of my life. 

6. Several Christmases ago, my youngest son, Andrew, gave me a framed drawing of a laughing Jesus.  Andrew knows that I don't know an angry, stern God, but a loving, joy-filled One.  My son knew me.

7. And recently, a friend sent me a cardinal figurine. Cardinals are my favorite bird, and birds cause my heart to sing! I was deeply touched at the fact that she tapped into that aspect of who I am.

These gifts were chosen for me because the giver cared enough to hear and see me. I felt as if the REAL me was acknowledged with each gift.  These handful of random acts of insights over my lifetime have had an unfathomed impact on this soul, which subconsciously was longing to be truly known.

It has just happened again.  Number eight.

But, this time from a total stranger - who no longer is.  She saw me.  She cared enough to look into my soul via my blog. Her creative spirit depicted me to a tee.  Veronica "Shticks" Anderson tapped into my being - the very essence of who I am - and created a one-of-a-kind depiction of Diane Ronzino.

Entitled "Diane Cum Lux" (Latin for "Light-filled Diane"). PHOTO BY: Vinoth Chandar
I've been moved beyond expression. I was not able to sleep last night for the sheer joy of the anticipated finished product, but not really understanding why until I got up early with The LORD this morning. The Holy Spirit showed me all I just wrote about and the purpose of this newly embraced Divine Appointment.

I've just come through a LONG s e v e n - year wilderness journey. During this seven-year drought, I thought the essence of who I am was gone - killed off by unrelenting grief due to much loss, loneliness, and despondency. Yet, Veronica has shown me through her creation that I am still who I've been for 29 years (as of March 7th) - a worshiper of Jesus Christ.  The One Who died that I would be made free, whole, and healthy; Whose death on the Cross afforded me an abundant life of freedom.

If you zoom in on the "Shtick" figure, you will see a tear on my cheek. For anyone who really knows me, knows I cannot help but weep as I worship and thank my LORD for all He has done for me. Weeping, worship, and Diane go hand-in-hand.  Veronica depicted the very essence of ME. 

We all desire to be known - deeply known - and loved.  My Heavenly Father showed me, through Veronica's "Shtick" interpretation of me, how intimate His insights into my soul are; and to what lengths He will go to - to show me His Love and to lift my head up toward His Son. 

This second one, "Pretty Lighthouse Lady", was an added surprise. I have to say that I think these creations are equal to the Alaska cruise, as highlights of my life.

Entitled "Pretty Lighthouse Lady". PHOTO by Paul Bica
Veronica, thank you for being a vessel used by God to get His vital message through to me: No matter what I've gone through, I am still me!  I am still here!  The essence of who I am is still alive and well.
You have honored my life by your creations, Veronica.  Thank you!  
May God bless your gifting beyond your wildest dreams!

Because of Him and Unto Him,


               
~~~


Something new for me: Jamming on Faith Barista.  Come on over!

30 comments:

Pam said...

Diane, this is a wonderful post! It shows how our God has known you intimately in every step of your life - sending others to let you know - and that He has never forgotten you. The artwork is wonderful too... You should share this on Faith Barista's site this week as she is talking about heart healing moments... Just go there and link up this post. Random acts of insight. Lovely.

Christina Berry said...

Diane, I love this post and Veronica's adorable creations! What a blessing, for someone to "get" you like that! So beautiful!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Pam! I'll go over to Faith Barista. Yes, the artwork is extraordinary. It took days and nights and special music to get the desired inspiration down to this. Veronica is very gifted. I hope you will check her blog out.

Andrew Ronzino said...

Mom! That is awesome! That is so cool that you can see yourself for who you are again!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Chrissy. Please check out Veronica's blog. She has such a sense of humor as well. Her artwork just lifts the spirit.

Veronica Anderson said...

This was such a rewarding experience to produce this shtick and interact and work with you. It wasn't hard at all to see who you are--you really do project that nice and bright! Thank you for opening your heart to me in your gifted writing and aspirations! May there be a numberless count of more gifts on their way to you as we speak!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Andrew! Thank you for "seeing" and "knowing" me, and loving me! Please check out Veronica's blog and FB page. She has some very creative stuff!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Victoria...thank you. God's Divine Appointments in our journeys are so extraordinary. I'm so blessed that He brought us together for a time such as this.

You know, had I seen Linda's butterly Shtick 4 months ago, I don't know that it would have sparked in me what it do. I've been progressively opening up again only in the last couple of months. It certainly was His perfect timing!

God bless you!

Diane Ronzino said...

Oops...should read "did" instead of "do"...

Diane Ronzino said...

Oops...should read "did" instead of "do"...

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
another beautiful "all from the heart" blog done by you and it is fantastic! Just had to tell you how amazing it is to see your writing about these things and then realize-here I am again-having something in common with you!

The first gift I ever gave my dear husband came when we were dating and I gave him a bottle of English Leather Cologne-I loved the smell and he used it for many years.

How would I come to meet somebody who loves to COLOR-as I do!! Take me to a restaurant where they hand out a tiny box of four crayons and I am drawing, coloring, lost in that long ago world I so enjoyed.

Keep sharing my dear friend, you are opening the eyes and hearts of many people. The drawing of you--is fabulous!!!

Love, Martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Dear Martha! Thank you! I've lost count now of all the "in common" things we share.

When I started dating Joe into first 10 years of marriage or so, I would buy him the cologne, but he wasn't a cologne-wearer, so he rarely put it on. I finally stopped buying it.

And coloring...who'd have figured?! Someday, when we get to meet, we'll have to sit and color together!

Check out Veronica's website when you can. She has a sense of humor you will appreciate.

Good night.

Lolita said...

Diane-

This one should go into a book. So awesomely beautiful. I love how you wrote this.

And for the arts, Veronica is now in my bookmark. And another one who possesses humor too? Her blog would be my next read target.

Anonymous said...

Beautifully written!

Jena said...

I'm here from Veronica's website. Your story is very touching! Thank you for sharing!

Mickie said...

I love The Shticks and your story deserved one of Veronica's best!

Diane Ronzino said...

I'm so glad you will become a fan of The Shticks, Lolita. She is a very special woman!

And thank you for the encouraging words!

Diane Ronzino said...

Jena, thank you so much for taking the time to come over and read. I appreciate it. And thank you for your kind words.

To have a gifting like Victoria's that can touch someone so deeply - aahhh...that is my goal in writing.

I hope you will come back again.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Mickie! Wow...

I know how she tapped into her inspiration for this and the creative soul really is an amazing thing to me.

I'm blessed to come to know her and her Shticks!

Thank you for taking the time to stop by and comment, Mickie. I appreciate it. You are welcome back at any time!

Diane Ronzino said...

Anonymous, thank you for commenting! I appreciate your words.

Judi S. Coleman said...

What blessed and wonderful random acts of insights! Now I want to write my own...how encouraging! Thank you, and how I thank God for your gift of writing!! Plus this dear Veronica's gift!!

Diane Ronzino said...

Wahoo! I love inspiring others to write! I'm so glad, Judi! Did you see Veronica's lastest post on her blog?

Betty said...

Diane, I so agree with everyone, beautifully written...let nothing stop your sweet encouraging words from going out into a dry and thristy land.
I got on "The Shticks" and loved the sense of humor that pours out of her writing...one more to seek encouragment and laughter from when I am dry and thristy.
Thank you for posting our picture...you are an "others' person, alway seeking ways to bless others.
It's a gleaming time for me right now...not a giving out...just a taking in, soaking up all the wisdom from women of God. Still have several post sitting quietly in my box waiting for the flood that alway fills my soul when the Spirit moves my finger on the keyboard. Since He is not limited by the internet I can "feel" Him moving in your words. Blessing my wise hearted sister.

Betty said...

Diane, I so agree with everyone, beautifully written...let nothing stop your sweet encouraging words from going out into a dry and thristy land.
I got on "The Shticks" and loved the sense of humor that pours out of her writing...one more to seek encouragment and laughter from when I am dry and thristy.
Thank you for posting our picture...you are an "others' person, alway seeking ways to bless others.
It's a gleaming time for me right now...not a giving out...just a taking in, soaking up all the wisdom from women of God. Still have several post sitting quietly in my box waiting for the flood that alway fills my soul when the Spirit moves my finger on the keyboard. Since He is not limited by the internet I can "feel" Him moving in your words. Blessing my wise hearted sister.

Betty said...

opps...did not intend to post comment twice...but now that I think about it...your post is a double blessing...

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty, thank you for your encouraging words. My knee was acting up yesterday, so I rested it on the couch and had time to sit for long stretches and rework the blog. There have been some changes I wanted to make for a while.

Do you like Amanda's banner?

And I'm so glad you enjoy Victoria's humor also. Did you see the George Cloony Shtick? Oh, I laughed. To bring laughter is like handing me a gift. It's so needful to invade my serious nature.

I'm honored to have you and Ace's info up. Truly.

And I understand the season of gleaming! After all the years you have given out, Your Father wants you to rest and receive.

All God's blessings to you, HIs faithful and true (and wise-hearted) Servant!

Anonymous said...

That has to be Veronica's best shtick to date, Diane! Beautiful! Your story is very touching!
Best wishes,
Ellen

Anonymous said...

Ms. Shticks is awesome and so is this heart-warming account!

Diane Ronzino said...

Ellen, Welcome! Thank you for your kind words and those to Veronica. I agree with you, but I'm a little prejudice! LOL... thank you for commenting!

Diane Ronzino said...

Anonymous, thank you for coming by to read and comment. I appreciate your kind words. Couldn't you just hug her Shticks?!