Monday, March 12, 2012

Monday Morning Mistake

Writing Forward is having a little contest this week. You have to write a haiku, which I had never heard of until this morning.
Or.
You could write a six-word story.  I chose the latter.  Here is my entry:

Father. Son. Holy Spirit. Three yet One.

Ut oh...I just realized that's not six - it's seven.
Well.
I'm not winning this contest!  

I guess I don't think of The Holy Spirit as anything other than a One. If you used my full birth name: Diane Cathy - it would be two words, but still one me.
Oh, well.
I tried.  

As I'm sitting here watching the sunrise display it's majesty across the eastern Long Island sky, I've just come up with a new 6-word story:

Good morning, sunshine. Son shiny day. 

I wonder if I can send in another entry?
Nope, only one.
Oh, well...It's still going to be a Son-shiny day today no matter what!

What would your six-word story be for today?  If you know how to haiku, please write one. I'd love to read it.
And.
If you can pronounce "haiku" the Japanese way, good for you!  That's too much for me on an early Monday morning.

May your Monday be Son-shiny!

Because of Him and Unto Him,


9 comments:

Andrew Ronzino said...

Awww! Sorry you entered it already!

It's pronounced "hi-koo", I believe.

Veronica Shticks said...

Haha! I love this funny Diane too! Very entertaining post!

Diane Ronzino said...

Gesundheit, Andrew! LOL - I made a funny!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Veronica. I REALLY have to work at being funny. Ususally, I have to explain myself to my family cause they sit there with these blank looks.

"I made a funny!", I'd say.

"Oh."

"Oh, bother!", as Eeyore would say.

Veronica Shticks said...

Hahaha! I had no problem seeing the funny in this one! And I LOVE Eeyore!

Lolita said...

Diane, I won't bother with haiku yet, or six-word-story.

First, I want to comment on how your blog layout has emerged. It is a beauty. I love the fav-icon which is also your signature. I don't know how to put those signature below each post. Anyway, your tabb/pages are showing.

Remember, I said, I had this e-mail which didn't get answered? They were questions about the pages you wrote. I will ask again later about it.

Take a little study, the Japanese Haiku:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haiku

LOL! I might try soon......

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you. Lolita! I was laid up with my knee again all day yesteday, so I got to make some changes that I've wanted to make.

That favicon and signature took me many months or me to figure out - but I did! WAHOO! Thank You, Holy Spirit! I can help you with that.

Yes, I looked Haiku up on widipedia as well. Thank you, though. I appreciate you!

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
I have meant to leave a comment about the NEW look of your Blog site. Its fantastic and shows a very NEW Diane emerging as she writes from the heart, suffers with intense Pain and still finds the ability to reach deep for the words of Hope to come.

Way to go Diane. Do not stop..

Love, Martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Martha. I feel like a butterfly who has FINALLY emgerged from the cacoon.

I feel like I have found cheerleaders in and amongst our circle of sharing. I appreciate all of you more than you will know.