Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BLOG SPHERE

When spiderwebing from one blog to another, I always look for the blogs with smaller "followings" and blogs "of like precious faith" (II Peter 2:1) or like precious heart.

Is it that I kind of feel small and insignificant on blogs with large followings? Yes.

Is it that I feel my blog won't be read by others on that blog because there are already so many "followers" ? Yes.

Is it because I like to cheer on those who have small beginnings. YES! UNEQUIVOCALLY, YES!

As one who has known the solitude of not having a cheerleader in my corner, I seek to champion others. I seek to be a source of encouragement to others, rather than seeking a blog "following". And I know that is a no-no in the blogging world.

You cannot escape the finding of blogs that offer tools and tips to gain large followings for your own blog. I came across two new ones this morning. I huff and click out of them. It's all about numbers to a majority of bloggers, because their blog is used as a marketing tool - a way to advertise the books they authored or their speaking circuit or even as a way to brand their company, ministry, or personal lives.  There is nothing wrong with that. It's just not my reason for writing.

I'm not looking to brand or market. I'm not seeking a "following".  I'm looking to bless others via a gift God has bestowed upon me. an encouraging word is a natural outflow of the Spirit of God within me. If you would like to read about the birth of an encouraging word, click on the Small Beginnings Page at the top of the blog.

I posted on Tell Me a Story this morning. First, I examined my heart-motive for doing so.  There are so m a n y blogger "linkskies" - link to this one and to that one, on any day of the week. There is nothing wrong with this either. It's just not me. So, I had to ask myself before attaching my blog to Tell Me a Story, Why am I doing this; what is my motive?

I believe it's because my true-life stories are worth telling. Jesus has done so much in my life that want Him to be glorified. Hopefully, it's life-lessons that someone can use to their benefit.

I am blessed by my small "circle of sharing" bloggers. I'm blessed if one word of what I write and publish on this blog touches someone's heart, brings alive a deep Truth of God's Word, causes one to praise God for what He has done in my life, or causes one to reflect on Jesus Christ because of something I wrote, thus building their faith.

an encouraging word was birthed by The Holy Spirit and I pray I will always be led by The Spirit of God in what I write. I take my blogger's "voice" seriously - as an extension of God's voice to encourage, inspire, build hope, and grow faith.

Have a purposeful day!



Because of Him and Unto Him,

14 comments:

Christina Berry said...

You are so right, Diane. It's not about followers or branding or making money for me, either. It's about connecting with like-minded people and encouraging them! I'm glad I found you! :)

Jamie @ Six Bricks High said...

I love your heart! I'm with you - I want to be an encouragement. It is not all about the numbers.

And thanks for asking about my daughter; she is doing really well. She has been able to rest much better the last couple nights.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Chrissy. Me too!

Diane Ronzino said...

Jamie, thanks for letting me know about your daughter. I've been praying for her. And you!

A Joyful Noise said...

Oh how often we feel we are invisable and so small. When we are small in our own eyes, God will elevate us to expand in His time. Like ripples in the water His mesage will spread out over where we did not believe we could ever go. Do NOT be weary in well doing, but keep focused on where He sends you. Thank you for sharing at "Tell me a Story," Hazel's new Blog Party: http://letmetelluastory.blogspot.com/ Love, in Jesus, Hazel Moon

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Hazel. Words we all need to hear! God bless you!

Lolita said...

Amen to all of the above. I sing praises to God because of out small "circle of wise-hearted, extravagantly-loving" blogging friends.

I find a lil' squeak of a voice here because of your humble beginning but greater glory to the Father.

I too, am a believer of "the fewer-the-more-impact" kind of circle. That way, we can closely keep up with what we need to pray and praise among each other.

Thanks, Diane. I seriously know what you are talking about. Love you, my dear encourager.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
So straight on-honest as these words come from your heart, letting all know there is no hidden agenda in your writing, You Love God and your heart is filled to the brim with a desire to share that precious Love!

When I first started blogging-I really had no clue as to what I was doing-was there a perfect way to write, and so on. All I knew was that my heart had finally found the courage to speak about my battle with Chronic Pain-to share myself with others and if anybody saw what I was writing, that was great. My first real "pat on the back" was when my dear husband said "You know, I notice you don't complain as much about the Pain. We know its there but wow, I think this blogging thing is a wonderful blessing for you!"

I knew-thats when I knew that God was there for me as I opened this door to a unknown world for me. Now I am constantly talking with my husband about my "blessed circle of friends" and again he is thrilled.

God is guiding you perfectly Diane and I must say, your open and willing spirit to follow HIM-what a blessing for all of us.

Love, Martha

Lolita said...

@Martha-

Amen!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, my sisters/friends! We sure are like precious heart. And I am so blessed that God has brought you ALL to my life.

Veronica Shticks said...

I love this!

Betty said...

Good morning ladies...Diane I think you have spoke the heart of many wise hearted women.

Years ago we did a mission conference at Cedarville College with about 30 so other mission boards repersented. As I looked down the long hallway where we all set our mission booths up the Lord spoke these words to me. "Don't worry my child, there are enough lost people for all these mission boards to go after, no need to compare." How blessed I have been through the years to work along side some incredible people from all over the world from tons of mission boards. There are enough women from all over the world who need so many different blogs, styles of writing, different formats, different focus, different women to minister to each other. God bless them all...my heart is go for it girls...the enemy of our soul loves to divide us by comparing. It's the main tool of the devil to discouraged us. You my kind courageous wise hearted friend have stomp him in the head with your blog post. Lets keep stomping on him, lets exercise the fruits of the Spirit in our words, in our deeds, in our lives. Ok I am about ready to shout. Amen Amen Amen Diane...keep posting.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you for sharing that. I love that The LORD spoke that to you. Like Father, like daughter - The Wise-hearted ones! LOL...

Your right about the devil and I love stomping on his head! Hallelujah!!! I AM shoutin'!

Lolita said...

Me too, Betty and Diane. I love that line, keep stomping the enemy on the head, with out blogs.

Yeah, Lord, praise you!