Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Bird's-Eye View

I flew over the Great Lakes once while flying to Michigan to visit my son.  I was mesmerized as I peered out that little window of the plane. The shear size of the lakes were spellbinding to me. I had a bird's-eye view, that had not been for the invention of air travel, I would never would have seen.

Hindsight is kind of like a bird's-eye view of life.

I look back over all the situations in my life that The LORD has protected me from and it's as if I'm seeing my through a wide-angled lens. The enormity of His Hand on my life, even before I was born anew, still makes my heart stand still.  I am so grateful for His banner of Love that covers my life.


You are my hiding place; You shall preserve me from trouble; You shall surround me with songs of deliverance.  Selah                                        ~ Psalm 32:7
Remembering that Jesus delivered me from being raped at knife-point (the rapist ended up just stealing money and credit cards), and how He stayed a knife from entering my husband's chest (protecting both Joe and myself), causes me to still drop to my knees in gratitude. The course of my life would have been so radically different.

...God's bird-eyed view just allowed me to see that both those incidents in my life were with a knife. Oh, my gosh...The instrument the invader of my life used - the very instrument that yielded such terror upon me - was the same that I used years later on my own husband. Oh, God...thank You for Your Hand of protection over us; thank You for forgiving me...

Thank You! Thank You! Thank You for Your Grace and Mercy!

Because of Him and Unto Him,




* This post is written because of today's writing exercise over on Allume's 31 Days to Become a Better Writer.



13 comments:

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
This was deeping moving, to hear about the severe Edge of Danger you faced and to know God was right there beside you! Amazing. I loved your take on the "Birds Eye View" of life and think about how fast it moves. I feel motivated to push myself and get out to make the attempt at doing something that is just for FUN!

Keep this beautiful work going Diane, you are moving hearts with your words. Truly.

Love, martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Martha for the encouragement!

Yeah, I could use some fun too!

Diane Ronzino said...

Since there is no place to comment on THESHTICKS.COM, I'm commenting here.

Today's post is great!!! Love the scene with the umbrella and the Mom Shtick watching.

Brings joy to my heart! If you haven't already, go check it out! Her button is in my jar on the right hand column.

Jamie @ Six Bricks High said...

Yes! So grateful for His mercy.

Diane Ronzino said...

Yes, Jamie, me too!!!

Lolita said...

So true, Martha, so very true. Each time a read at Diane's posts, they never fail to inspire me. There is always something new and a different angle to the wisdom in God's attributes and word.

So blessed and encouraged I am. Please go on, my dear sister.

Hope the pains are manageable now. I prayed for you and for all our circle of sharing members.

Diane Ronzino said...

With all my heart, thank you for your prayers. That means more to me than you will ever know, Lolita! it seems in our circle of sharing there are lots of prayer warriors! God is so good to us to bring us all into each other's lives.

Lolita said...

Amen (in silence).

Lolita said...

Di, I went to the link above. Again, I was spell-bound (or should it be spell-bind).

Gee, how she encourages to write.

Veronica Shticks said...

Wow, I shuddered at the thought of you being attacked at knife point! So thankful for the positive outcome!
You made me laugh by posting your comment for me here in your blog. I LOVED that! How ingenious! Hehehehe. God equipped you with a resourceful mind, my friend :D
And thank you for bringing sweet Lolita into my life!

Diane Ronzino said...

LOL, Veronica...I didn't want to "spiderweb" (as my husband calls it) and head over to FB to leave a comment, so I figured this was the next best thing.

Just as Linda brought you into my life, it was my pleasure to have you me meet Lolita and the other Vessels of Honor. Your life will be enriched.

Lolita said...

A super-word, Di. I like that "spiderweb". Does that mean---- throwing webs? Gee, you are too, a word magician.

Thanks Veronica, for the beautiful words.

Diane Ronzino said...

"Spider web" means that I switch from one thing to another to another - multitasking in a way. So, what I meant to Veronica was that I was on my blog page and didn't want to leave there and go (spider web) to FaceBook to leave her a comment on her latest Shtick, so I commented right on my blog.

Does that make sense to you, Lolita?

You're getting quite the lesson in American termonologies. Whether you want to or not! LOL...