Friday, February 24, 2012

Who Rescued Who?

I was driving down the road today and came up on the car in front of me.  There was a great big dog paw with the words WHO RESCUED WHO? on the back of the car. If you are a dog lover, you understand what the question means.

That immediately got me thinking about my salvation through Jesus Christ.  I know Who rescued who. Jesus rescued me! No question about it.
For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.  For God did not send His Son into the world to condemn the world, but so that the world might be saved through Him.  ~ Jesus Christ, as recorded in John 3:16

The word "saved" in the original Greek language means to:

  • deliver
  • protect 
  • heal
  • preserve
  • rescue
  • do well
  • be made whole

That word "saved" emcompasses every aspect of our lives - spirit, soul, and body. It is a whole-man salvation.

March 7th marks my 29th birth day - the day I was born again and made into a new creation. Although, I have been on the receiving end of all on the above list countless times in these 29 years, I've always summed up my salvation as: I had been rescued. Jesus rescued me in the nick of time from:

  • myself
  • my negative, unhealthy thinking
  • mental breakdown
  • illness ravaging my body
  • unhealed inner wounds that caused me not to be whole
  • from an act that would have caused me to spend the rest of my life in prison
Hallelujah! I know Who rescued who!  And I pray you do as well.

Because of Him and Unto Him,
                  Diane

5 comments:

Lolita said...

Amen. Jesus picked me up from the mire in 1986, Diane. I found a real church family a year later...

It meant so much to me because I was so deep in sin. It was really a turning point, and Jesus was right in time.

Thank you Jesus, for the cross, and for the blood that washed me clean.

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen, Lolita! Thank You, Jesus, for washing us white as snow!

Pam said...

Again, beautifully written, Diane! Love the correlations...

Diane Ronzino said...

Thanks, Pam!

Betty said...

Amen, the hounds of heaven rescued you.