Monday, February 6, 2012

Fear Is Only An Excuse



Has God called you to do something specific, but fear has a strong hold on you?  Do you have a dream in your heart, but fear holds you captive so that you do not pursue it? 


Joyce Meyer says, "Do it afraid", which is just what Jamie Pugh did and it changed his whole life. Courage is not the absence of fear. It is a decision to do it no matter how how strong the spirit of fear is manifesting in our lives. I applaud his courage to stare FEAR right in the face and do it afraid, thus breaking it's power over him.  

For God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love                                         and of a sound mind. ~ II Tim. 1:7
May we follow in Jamie's footsteps!

Because of Him and Unto Him,
                  Diane

2 comments:

Lolita said...

Amen. It has always been because of FEAR that we resist changes or to go out on a limb. One chooses to stay where one is comfortable. I am not exempted to being timid and having fear... but when I come closely to it, I stand up boldly because God is with me.


Just for news:
We had a scare yesterday because we experience a 6.9 earthquake which lasted a minute or so. We are on the third floor of our office so the shake was even stronger. I prayed and hid under my table but I had peace no matter what because I know where I will be if it came to worst. But there was no damage to our building and most of our whole island. The most damage was at the island next to us where I had been last week.

Thanks God for I know I am safe with Him alive or in death.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Lolita!!!! I thank Jesus, for your protection! And that of your island. I've never experienced an earthquake, but that would definitely be scary!

I love how you stand up boldly to fear. Awesome!!!! You are a mighty warrior in God's Kingdom!!!