Friday, January 20, 2012

Women Are To Be...

...Vessels of Honor

The Lord spoke these Words to me early one morning, years ago, as I sat in His Presence: "Women are to be Vessels of Honor".  That Word penetrated deep within my heart and I meditated on that phrase for quite some time that day. Before bed, I took out my journal and began writing.  The gift of exhortation and teaching kicked in. Although I penned it, it definitely was given by The Spirit of God.  After the anointing lifted, my human mind needed confirmation. The Holy Spirit brought me to many Scriptures confirming His Word including a Scripture I had never read before.  II Timothy 2:20-22:
But in a great house there are not only vessels of gold and silver, but also of wood and clay, some for honor and some for dishonor. Therefore, if anyone cleanses himself from the latter, he will be a vessel for honor, sanctified and useful for the Master, prepared for every good work. Flee also youthful lusts; but pursue righteousness, faith, love, peace with those who call on the Lord out of a pure heart.
It has since then been brought forth at women's meetings and retreats.  It has been published in pamphlets and ministry newsletters. And I have prayed over many women to be sanctified and set apart as a Vessel of Honor unto our God.  For a couple of weeks now, The Holy Spirit has been nudging me to write it on my blog. Oh...do I really need to publish it on the Internet, LORD?!  I'm hesitant to do so, just because of my own inadequacies.  But, I do believe it is Him directing me.

When Joe and I were ordained, our church had a celebration afterward.  When the cakes was brought out, I knew God's Seal of Approval was on us. This is a photo of one of the two cakes.  This cake is one of the highlights of my life.


I pulled the original typed-on-an-electric-typewriter, Women Are To Be Vessels of Honor, out of my file cabinet today and as I'm re-reading it, there is conviction. I know it's a Word in due season for my life and I am trusting Him that it will be so in your life as you read it. I pray you will be looking forward to reading God's exhortation to us women.


Because of Him and Unto Him, 
                 Diane

6 comments:

Pam said...

What a beautiful and perfect verse for confirmation! I love how God puts words in us and then shows us those words do come from HIS WORD. I always ask him for confirmation too... Thanks for sharing this.

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
How beautiful to see Spiritual words of praise for you and your husband imprinted on this delightful cake!

God is truly using you as your words continue pouring out with deep meaning and insight. Keep up the wonderful work, HE IS PROUD OF YOU.

God Bless. martha

Lolita said...

Yes Diane, God is filling you with words to outpouring that there is no other way but to let them flow. I know deep in my heart that He only fills those vessels who are open, worthy and willing.

I'm so blessed by your blog and I pray that you will continue to bless more.

You are blessed to be a blessing!

Diane Ronzino said...

Pam, Martha, and Lolita, you have become such precious friends. I delight in your words of encouragement. I delight in each of you! We are on this wonderful journey together, as sisters, as friends.
Thank you!

Betty said...

Diane, there is a song I sang years ago, Vessels of Honor...your post made me want to sing it again...I think it will mean more today then it did then only because of a few trials and struggles that have come and gone. As my mother use to say, there has been a lot of water under that bridge...lots of water under my bridge...just might write something on that line...thanks for the inspirations.

Diane Ronzino said...

Betty, I do not konw that song, but the song that reminds me of VofH isThe Potter's Hand by Hillsong. I go off into Heavenly places singing that song.

I'm glad you got inspired to write something for your blog!

And you, too, Betty, have become a part of our sisterhood and circle of friends. My Father has brought me to a higher calibar of spiritual women and I'm so, so grateful!