Wednesday, January 11, 2012

To What Depth Will God Go?

Deep calls unto deep
~ Psalm 42:7

You aroused me from my slumber
I hear Your call deep within
Deep in my secret place.

Created in a secret place in darkness 
My secret place within
Responds.

What did You speak forth over my life
as You formed, shaped, and molded me?
What did Deep call unto my deep?

Before I knew time
Before I knew light, breath, or crying
You breathed Your Breath of Life.


Created in Your imagine
Gifts and callings made sure
Divine Appointments set in motion.

You spoke my name
You whispered my character
You shaped my individuality.

Deep called unto deep
As You brought me safely through the dark tunnel into life
I breathed, I cried, I felt Your Light.

For each and every dark tunnel of life since then
Your Breath consumes me
Causing me to deeply call back unto Deep.

Continue, I pray, to call me unto Your Depth
Whisper my name
I, from my depth, will answer.

Until breath leaves my lungs and I my eyes are forever closed
Until darkness is permeated for eternity by The All Consuming Light 
Deep will continue to call unto deep.


Because of Him and Unto Him,
                 Diane

~~~~
This post was shared on Tell Me A Story on 3/27/12 


9 comments:

Lolita said...

This one makes me think of David. You are writing your own Psalm, Diane. It is amazing.

I too love to reflect on this Psalm too and know how precious I am to our Creator.

You have expressed it powerfully, dear.

Diane Ronzino said...

Can you imagine King David's heart? To commune with God the way he did...I can only imagine!

Lolita said...

Yes, Diane. I am always amazed by his faith. How he could jump and dance and sing out to God in situations which are hard to face or dangerous or insurmountable to humans like us.

Claire Vorster said...

Oh D, this reminds me so wonderfully of Psalm 139. A psalm that says this:

He knew you before you were born
He knows you,
He is before you, behind you
He covers you and shields you
You are written in His heart

God bless you precious lady
Cx

Diane Ronzino said...

Claire, my favorite Psalm is 139. Grabbing a hold of the Truth revealed in that Psalm years ago transformed me - it was life-altering, heart-freeing, and soul healing. I "parked" in Psalm 139 for a couple of years.

Beyond any doubts, I know God formed me by His Love in my mother's womb.

Diane Ronzino said...

Lolita, can't you picture David out in the fields - Alone with the sheep, alone with His God; looking up into the night skys, just conversing with Him and worshiping Him? SIGH.

Lolita said...

Yes, so much so, Diane. Life was so simple then and nothing could block your view to the heights where God is.

Today, a lot could distract us. There is a need to go higher up the mountain.

Betty said...

Love this poem...I so needed to be reminded how deep He will go to get my attention, to keep my attention and out of it...let it wash over me so that I may minister in His Spirit adn not my own.

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen and Amen, Betty!