Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Seasoned Lips

He who loves purity of heart and has grace on his lips, The King will be his friend.
~ Prov. 22:11

oh, speech of mine be seasoned with grace
sputtering emotions cease!
declare not your feelings, unless grace covers them

remove all impurities within my soul,
so that only truth is spoken forth within the circumference of grace.
with the same grace bestowed upon my life, may my words be likewise

pure heart, words of grace = friendship with God

Because of Him and Unto Him, 
                  Diane

4 comments:

Lolita said...

"A pure heart, that's what I long for. A heart that follows hard after Thee." Thus the song goes..... more than what I need and long for.... In my human nature, fleshly desires comes naturally. I therefore need to commune with God in the high place and "hide His words deep within" so that I may shun evil.

I have this natural tendency to ridicule or think bad things about others, etc. I so thank the Holy Spirit for His counsel is quick and timely. I claim God's grace to make my thoughts and heart pure everyday.... so that the outpourings from it be of love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, gentleness, and self control.

Luke 6:45

"A good man out of the good treasure of his heart brings forth good; and an evil man out of the evil treasure of his heart brings forth evil. For out of the abundance of the heart his mouth speaks."

My 2012 one word is "housekeeping" so the vessel may come be emptied of filth.

Lolita said...

Sorry, I left out faithfulness.....

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Lolita, you DO have a pure heart - a heart that pants for the Living Water, a heart that desires Him above all else. I LOVE your 2012 word - that is aweseome!!! We all need housekeeping!!!!

I would love for you to write something as a guest on my blog...please consider it!

Lolita said...

Thanks, Diane. I will soon. When my voice takes its own outpouring.