Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Psalm 4:00

In my younger years, I would arise at 4:00 AM to sit in the Presence of The LORD. I would journal and converse with My Heavenly Father; read His Word and write my thoughts.

The following Psalm came from one of my early morning rendezvous'.  Thus, it is entitled Psalm 4:00. It is not a literary work of art, but rather oil from my heart poured out to wash over my Lord's feet.  It was a moment of extravagant love.



Psalm 4:00


Before the dawn awakens,
Before light is,
Before my body moves, 
My spirit does arise.

Reaching out to You in 
The still, dark night,
I worship Your Holy Name.

"Good morning" to The God
Who made morningtime
For my soul to rest and worship.

Glory, majesty, and honor
Belong to You ~
You, Who are set high above all that is,
All who are!

Oh, God of the Dawn ~
You receive me like a new, young mother
Awaits the movement of her newborn...
Expectantly,
Awe-filled at this life created,
Ever thankful for this one to love.

You ARE expectancy!
You ARE awe!
You ARE thankfulness!
You ARE Love!
And You are MY Father ~
You are MY GOD!

Oh, God of the Dawn ~
Alone, together, before the dawn awakens,
Before light is,
My spirit and soul arise to meet You.

We dance.
We sing.
We embrace.
Heart-to-heart connection made ~
The Love of my Life.

There is none as blessed as I!


As I wrote the verse about God receiving me like a young mother, I could feel God's heart of love toward me and His heart of gratitude because I was receiving His Love - me, Whom He created.  It was a moment I treasure; a moment of extravagant love flowing from Creator to creation; from a daughter to her Father.

The longing for such moments never fades...maybe that is why I chose extravagant love for my One Word this year...maybe it wasn't my choosing! Maybe it's my Father wooing me back to that depth of intimacy...May my heart once again worship with such reckless abandonment.

Because of Him and Unto Him,
                  Diane

8 comments:

Kim said...

Breathtaking! :) Thank you for sharing.

Pam said...

Beautiful, Diane!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Kim! I'm blessed by your words and even more blessed that you read me.

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Pam! Your words mean much to me, as you are such a gifted writer!

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Perfection in the Spirit of Loving God to the ummmph*** degree!! So moving and thought-provoking, meaning we can't truly begin to have a complete understanding as to the immense depth of Love that God has for each of us. We struggle, and as I do quite often-have a "give and Take Tug of War" with God. Simply said, I will turn to Him and give my heartache to Him, knowing I can't handle that particular emotional Pain, and wow---the LETTING GO is amazing. But being human, and having that FREE WILL-before I know it, there I have gone and "taken it back" thinking that I am now ready to handle this!! Boy am I always Wrong or What!!!

This is truly inspiring for anyone who sees your words. It reminds me of the phrase "Passing it On" that came for a popular movie and I find myself using that a lot. Its stunning to watch a person's face when a) you do an act of kindness for them, no strings attached.
then b) You tell them "now the next time you see a person needing some help, be sure to "pass it on" and show them kindness.

Excuse my lengthy response but your words touched me deeply.

Love, Martha Herden

Diane Ronzino said...

Martha, I know about the "give and take" as well. As humans, we all struggle with that! Thank you for your kind words. I apprecaite you and your "lengthy responses" are always welcome!

Lolita said...

....I am blessed with this more than you know. (words are inadequate for this)... silence and stillness speaks more. AMEN!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you so much, Lolita. I must give all the glory to The Holy Spirit, for it was Him.