Thursday, December 29, 2011

The Unveiling of A Word

My One Word for 2012 is actually two.  Last week I was reading The Scriptures and I looked up the Message Bible version of I Corth. 13. My heart leapt within me as I read vs. 13 and I immediately knew this was my One Word for 2012:
Trust steadily in God, hope unswervingly, love extravagantly. And the best of the three is love.  ~ I Corth. 13:13
I have read this passage of Scripture countless times in my life, just not that version.  I've written about it and taught from it; I've prayed it over other's lives and prayed for it for my own life.  And always from the standpoint of loving each other.  But, not until last week did I see it in whole other Light. What spoke to me was the wording "love extravagantly".  And I understood it, for the first time, to also mean love GOD extravagantly.  We trust in Him, hope in Him, and we should love Him, which we all know and do (hopefully).  But, to love God extravagantly?! If I love Him extravagantly, then that love with overflow to people...Oh, my, what am I committing to?!

I'm a very plain and simple woman.  There is not an extravagant thing about me in the natural.  Nothing about my clothes or home; I don't shop or do anything in an extravagant way. I have, at times, been so caught up in the Spirit during worship, that I would say I've experienced worshiping The LORD extravagantly. But, that's been The Holy Spirit's doing.

My One Word 2012 goal may change more than I think...
I really don't know what loving God with an extravagance looks like, but I've already started praying.  I want this to be my major goal this coming new year. I want to live my life in such a way that I can be called an extravagant lover!  But, it scares me...What if I don't really have it in me?  What if my walls and other emotional barriers won't allow extravagance to come through?  That will mean those walls have to come down...oh, no!...What if...? What if...? But, what if I do accomplih my goal?  How will I impact my world?  How will I change?  How awesome will my relationship with Jesus become? Will it change the dash on my headstone when I'm gone...?

I feel like I'm standing on the edge of a cliff ready to jump off, trusting Jesus' Arms to catch me; trusting my blog family to be supportive. It's one thing to have your list of goals to accomplish or not, quite another to publish it for the world to see it.  I am now accountable to work at loving my God with an extravagance, but with no picture of that looks like in my mind.  The Holy Spirit is really going to have to teach me.  This is truly scary to me...aahhhh....here I go...

My official One Word for 2012 is Love Extravagantly!

It might change what I accomplish and how I touch humanity!
With only a few days left, I hope you will join me.  Please share your One Word for 2012 (no explanation necessary if you don't want) or share it on your blog.  Then we can hold hands and encourage one another on our journey into a brand new year and all that may bring.

Because of Him and Unto Him,
                  Diane

12 comments:

Betty said...

Diane, love the way you posted your "words". You do have courage putting your tomestone up...

Read through some of your daughters blog post. How proud you must be or her for being so transparent and allowing God to teach her through some very hard trials. It is easy to tell when I read her blog then jump over to yours...like mother is the daughter.

Love the challenge she has presented to us....now comes the hard part, living out our word or words. So very glad I John 1:9 is there since I know ahead of time I will fail often. But Jesus knew ahead of time He would suffer for such frail people and He did it anyway...that gives me courage after I fail to get up and try again. Still need your address to mail you something, in fact will send you two, one for your daughter also...Blessings

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Betty, thank you for your kind words! It's been a long 3 years. Joe and I were on Alece & Niels's Board of Directors for their ministry, and I worked for the ministry - only USA employee. So, it's been a long time of healing for Joe and I becasue we had to deal with it as parents, as well as active employee/Board members. Very difficult time in our lives.

Yes, I feel very challenged as well. And grateful for 1 John 1;9 as well. I'll send you my address via email - sorry, I forgot!

Just one more day to love mediocre-ly! Now, this is my comfort zone! LOL!

Christina Berry said...

LOVE EXTRAVAGANTLY - I like it! I can't wait to see all the ways your life is impacted by these words in 2012!

My word is SIMPLIFY. I've got a blog post coming next week!

Happy New Year, Diane!

Diane Ronzino said...

Great Word, Christina! Can't wait to read your post and follow you on your journey to simplify. I will be praying for you.

Pam said...

Aren't you glad that all we have to do is spread our arms and let the Holy Spirit lift and move through us? May He lead you to "new extravagances" in sharing His Love... I think you already are extravagant in this area, though! :)

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Pam, for your very kind words. Today has been a challenge in the love department. Started early this morning with a phone call. PHEW! I knew putting this out there were stir some things up. I know you know what I mean.

Pam said...

Yes... I do know. Sort of going thru that myself today, after a night of no sleep due to an endless headache. But that just proves all the more we are on the right track. :)

Lolita said...

I do agree with Pam, Diane. You have bee extravagant with you love for sharing encouraging words to us your readers. I want to imitate you in sharing this love to others.... and I will be asking God for this grace so that I can give. I know that what I don't have I can't give away. I will be claiming LOVE for the creator of love Himself.

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Pam, I hope you are feeling better by now!!!

Diane Ronzino said...

Lolita, I'm blown away by your comment. Thank you. I know we can all tape into the LOVE that is already in our hearts. Somehow...we have to learn to release it. I just had an image of a bunch of baloons being released in the sky....it should be that easy!

I'll be praying for God's LOVE in you to find creative releases to those around you.

agenuineglimpse.com said...

Love your word and your extravagant FAITH in sharing it with us all. I can't wait to see all that God is going to do in your life this year as you love extravagantly!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Sheryl!