Friday, December 23, 2011

Untraditional Christmas Carol

I was singing my usual worship song in the shower this morning. Even though it's not a traditional Christmas carol, it is one nonetheless.  Merry Christmas!

Willow Tree Nativity
Hallelujah! My Father

Hallelujah! My Father
for giving us Your Son
Sending Him into the world
to be given up for man

Knowing He'd be wounded 
and crucified on earth
Hallelujah! My Father 
in His death is my birth


Because of Him and Unto Him,
                   Diane

2 comments:

Lolita said...

Yes, it is Untraditional, yet those lines are the most appropriate to dedicate to the author of Christmas..... not the commercial or the one taught us by the world.

Diane Ronzino said...

I'm glad you think so. I've been singing that song for many years. It just bubbles up from my spirit.