Tuesday, December 27, 2011

ONLY One Word Is Needful for 2012

With the ending of Christmas, we began to think about ringing in the New Year. Here in New York, we watch the infamous "Ball" drop in Times Square to signal the moment of this year's end with a simultaneous beginning of the new.  This has been a long, difficult year for me and quite frankly, I'm ready for a new "beginning" and some positive change.

This week brings a myriad of new resolutions resounding all over this planet. I don't think it matters what country you live in. It's human nature to desire positive changes. If you are like me, you have great intentions for the new year and so the list-making begins. I remember a few years ago I wrote resolutions for all areas of my life - physically, emotionally, spiritually. It was quite an extensive list! Next year will be a better year because I will do...And the only thing that long list produced was guilt. Rarely, have I ever kept more than one resolution on my well-intentioned list each and every year.  If even that!

Two New Years' ago, my daughter, Alece, came up with a a one-word resolution for her personal life - something that was uncomplicated and that she could focus on all year long. She posted her word at home and on her blog. Her readers encouraged her along the way, as she would intermittently share her challenges and successes in meeting her one-word goal. Alece was successful.  So, last New Year's, Alece began the "One Word" Resolution on her blog, Grit and Glory

Her post and encouragement caused her readers to do the same.  It sparked something world-wide.  Individuals, churches, ministries, and even corporations are now planning their One Word New Year's resolutions.  I even saw online that there are calendars and all kinds of commercial things for, and I quote, "One Word".  

Please take time to check out Alece's last year's post and start thinking and praying about what your One Word will be.  It can literally be one word or a phrase or a Scripture. Something that you can keep before you and focus on throughout the year, without complication.  Maybe it, too, will have a chance to truly become your reality. 

Alece is preparing her site for "One Word 2012".  I would like to participate and ask you, my family of readers, to do the same.  Hopefully, I will be able to have Alece explain to me how to put the "button" on my blog.

Please let me know your thoughts after you click on One Word 2011 . Do any words come to mind?  I read a Scripture a couple of weeks ago and had a real "Ah ha" moment.  I had read that same Scripture many, many times, but now I saw a meaning in a whole different Light. I knew in that moment, it was to be my One Word for the new year ahead. I will share my revelation and One Word (which is actually two) in a couple of days. 

Let's journey into 2012 focused and resolute to encourage each other in the twelve months ahead.  We are a small group so I think we shall gain great traction in encouraging each other's One Word goals throughout the coming year.  We can pray for one an other's One Word to come to pass in each of our lives.  Maybe...just maybe...our one little words will bring much needed positive changes. 

Will you please join me?

Because of Him and Unto Him,
                   Diane
              


10 comments:

Lolita said...

Wow, Diane. I did go to Alece's blog and I was awestruck. She's got a very lovely blog and a beautiful design. Did she do the banner?

Yes, I will join. I promise to go back there soonest.

Lolita said...

And I was able to post the "One Word" badge on my sight. I was successful. Not much of a Webber myself. Whew!

Diane Ronzino said...

Alece does have a nice blog. She has a friend who designed it for her, so her banner is professional. She started the blog about the "grit and glory" of missionary life when she was in South Africa. And now that that part of her life is over, she continues with the grit and glory of life.

Can you explain to me how to do the badge in an email?

Melanie said...

OH this is so up my Alley... ONE WORD, instead of ONE LIST lol;p YES!!! Thank you DI for sharing & inspiring... I read Alece's Blog and saw the link to One Word, but now I I will apply it to my new life in 2012, Because Jesus make all things new... I might have my "One Word" already:)

Diane Ronzino said...

Wahoo, Mel! One Word is definitely better than one, unaccomplished LIST! Thanks for coming by. A blessed New Year to you!

Lolita said...

Diane, the badge in an e-mail.. Perhaps you need to download it first to your computer then attach as you would any picture.. You can try it. In my blog, I copied the html given in Alece's blog and I pasted it on the right rail.

Lolita said...

But if you want the badge to link to Grit & Glory, it has to be in HTML..... and that I am not good at. LOL!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Lolita. I tried what you suggested, but it Ididn't copy. Waiting on my daughter to explain it all...but, thank you for trying.

I never did get an email about it though - just wanted to let you know. Have a wonderful day!

Betty said...

Hey girls I am trying to do the same thing, post the badge to my blog.....will keep trying..loved the one word verse a whole list..I might get the number one and the last number in a list but lose the middle..Kind is the word for me this year...to be a kinder courageous wise hearted woman

Diane Ronzino said...

Yeah, Bettye! "Kind is the word for me this year...to be a kinder courageous wise hearted woman" WOW! AWESOME GOAL! And I know you will succeed!! Thank you for sharing!