Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Angels from the Realm of Glory

Willow Tree.  Do you like Willow Tree figurines?

I do. I just purchased a small Willow Tree Nativity along with two angels. I set the scene up up in-between my living room and dining room, so I pass by it many times throughout my day. The "Song of Joy" and the "Dance of Life" are in the background of the Nativity. Each time I stop for a moment to ponder the scene, I am mesmerized by the angels dancing with delight at the birth of our Saviour.

www.willowtree.info
I have a healthy love of angels - the Scriptural kind - not the kind that man has made them to be. We turned these Glory-realm beings into a commercial gimmick. The "now thing" is to wear an angel on your lapel or hang one in your car; have an angel bookmark or one on your coffee mug. I don't worship them, but I certainly do rely on them as the ministering spirits "who minister to the heirs of salvation" (Heb. 1:14). I am blessed to have a handful of my own testimonies involving angels.  So, every time I pass these Willow Tree angels dancing over the Infant Jesus, I am deeply moved. Angels, who from the realm of Glory, worshiped the King of kings and Lord of lords at His human birth.  Angels, who in the realm of Glory, still worship The Almighty. I believe if our planet's atmosphere were silenced, we would hear their worship. And from experience, they sound like a Divine, reverential, philharmonic choir.  The realm of Glory is a vibrant, worshipful sphere. And from the realm of Glory, the angels came. They prophesied.  They worshiped. They protected. Restrained, they stood by in silent obedience as The Holy Christ was crucified. They heralded the news to mankind of Jesus' resurrection. The angels worship The Glorified Jesus Christ back in the realm of Glory...

Hallelujah! Glory to God in the Highest!
"Angels we have heard on high,
sweetly signing ore the plains... 
Gloria in excelsis Deo!
Gloria in excelsis Deo!"
I cannot look upon the Nativity scene without my heart standing still in reverence. And I cannot think of the Nativity without thinking of angels.  Angels, who from the realm of Glory, danced and sang in unrestrained, majestic veneration.
Glory to God in the Highest!

Because of Him and Unto Him,
                Diane

6 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, Diane... I'm blogging one of my "angel" stories today and about to post it soon. Had to run a two hour errand before I could finish, but it should be up soon. We're on the same thought today! :) Beautiful post...

Andrew Ronzino said...

You know, it's funny how angels have become the thing these days. especially from people who don't even believe they exist. People who claim to have no belief in the spiritual will turn on a dime to respond to what's "in vogue". Sad really.

Diane said...

Pam, that is something that we both wrote about angels on the same day...The Holy Spirit wants us to be aware. How awesome! I read your post and it's an awesome story. Someday, we can spend time just telling our angel stories!

Diane said...

Yes, Andrew it's sad. They truly don't know what they are missing.

My very first angel encounter was with you as a new born. I wonder if Alece remembers, as she was there...

Diane said...

P.S. to Andrew - click on PAM to read her angel story.

Pam said...

Thanks, Diane. Yes, I've been asking God to remind me or make me aware of times when He's sent angels to my life... and this story has long been in my thoughts to blog about. Today, it just seemed to come together! If you read the Lightposts 2 story under Christmas memories on my blog, you can find another "angel" story of sorts... but in that case it was a person sent as an angel... I'd love to hear more of your angel stories!