Sunday, December 25, 2011

And the Consensus Is?


I am a glove - a leather glove - girl.  My grandma bought me my first pair of leather gloves the first winter after my Confirmation.  I took it as a sure sign of coming into womanhood. I've worn only leather ones since then.  Except, if I'm about serious winter activities. Then my mittens come out.
Walking through the snow to take in it's magic, serenity, and beauty - I seem to enjoy the walk so much more in my cozy, comfy mittens. 
Nothing like a snowball made from mittened-hands...and for rounding out a snowman's head!  (Not that I've done much of this winter activity in many years.)
          Aah...snow angels...you have to wear mittens to make a perfect snow    
          angel.  I did this a few years ago with my niece who grew up in
          Florida. She had never seen snow before.
And for the dreaded shoveling!  My hands stay much warmer in my mittens.  The rest of me is freezing, but my hands are nice and warm.
I guess you can tell we're not an outdoor-activity family.  But, I do love my gloves and mittens!

          My mittens do have leather on the palms. :0)

          My son wears gloves with no fingertips.  :0(

          My daughter wears the new - but much needed - gloves with
          thingamajigs in the fingertips so she can use her iPhone and not have
          to take her gloves off.  :0?

Are you a glove, mitten, fingerless, or finger-thingamajig person?

Because of Him and Unto Him,
                  Diane

10 comments:

Andrew Ronzino said...

I wear dad's old gloves, the ones that are about 25+ years old! I love them! I hate mittens. I don't like not having fingers. I've never tried the thingamajig kind yet, but I hear they're cool. :-D

Trish said...

It's not always cold enough here for gloves so I think I am more of a 'hands in pockets' person until it does get cold enough to need gloves for the steering wheel. I don't think I really have much of a preference though. I must have something for snow too, but since we only get snow a couple times a year, maybe, I think I just dig through our hats/mittens/gloves pile and put on whatever happens to come up first that fits me. I have one pair of really nice, soft, warm gloves that was given to me as a gift but I have to hide those from my son because he loves anything that is soft and will claim them as his own if I don't keep them out of the pile, lol.

Diane Ronzino said...

Andrew, I don't remember you having Dad's gloves. Cool. Thanks for commenting!

Diane Ronzino said...

Trish, aaawww....I can picture you son. Winter is fun no matter what covers the fingers. Thanks for commenting! I appreciate it.

I bet Christmas was precious with your children this year....I miss that. Cherish every moment because soon it will be a memory!

Lolita said...

I wish I could see snow and make snowballs and be able to wear mittens..... (sigh).

Diane Ronzino said...

Oh, Lolita! I wish you could too! It is special. I'll email some pictures as it snows here. So far, this year, is extremely warm for New York. No snow so far...

What is the coldest it gets in the Pillippines?

Betty said...

I am a total glove person, warmer the better but I love a good pair leather.

My dear mother has very poor circulation and her fingers are blue most of the time so the doctor ordered her to wear warm thin gloves. She does not like it but they do help.

those ones without fingers are great for those young mom who are still into buttoning and unbuttoning their children coats.

Think we are getting some snow here in Kentucky this afternoon. Looking forward to a shut in day with a couple good books. Cute post Diane. P.S> did you happen to read the message I sent you by facebook?) Betty

Diane Ronzino said...

Hi Betty. Did you get snow?

Aaww...I feel bad for your Mom. I'm glad the gloves help her.

No, I didn't get your FB message. I just checked again. Nothing that I can see...can you re-do the message?

Lolita said...

Oh, Diane.... we only get storms. We have two seasons, Wet and Warm (which is hot). Presently we are having rains and floods. We get 24 being the coldest here in the central parts when it is the rainy season. But it gets colder up in the north a place called Baguio City-or the city of Pines. It was discovered by an American named Burnham... who searched for a colder region in the Philippines. It up in the mountains.

Diane Ronzino said...

Lolita, thank you for sharing about your country and where you live. The City of Pines...so poetic...