Tuesday, November 1, 2011

SIGH!

In quietness and confidence shall be your strength. ~Isaiah 30:15
God's Word always encourages me and I sure do need strength for this journey.  The LORD knows that, so I awoke this morning with this Scripture playing over and over in my head like a broken record (for those of you who remember records!) I know it was Him just encouraging me by letting me know that He was waiting for me this morning.  I've had the I'm-moving-to-Alaska-and-living-out-in-the-woods-all-by-myself silent tantrum the last few days. As silent as it was, God heard it. Running away seems to be a strong pull for me at the moment. But, my "maturity" won't allow that. So, I've been sharing my heartaches with my Heavenly Father. And what does He do? He puts a Scripture on my heart when I wake up.

I opened my eyes way before dawn this morning with God's Word already on my mind.  I knew He was calling me to come and just sit in the stillness.  I poured a steamy hot cup of coffee into my favorite elephant mug and snuggled down in my only chair facing the picture window.  I can't wait for sunrise. It will be beautiful this morning. So, I settled into the dark - in the stillness - and quieted my soul.  My heart and mind turned toward Jesus and praise and thanksgiving bubbled out from my lips. Before I realized it, the room was illuminated, but there is no beautiful sky this morning. Just massive, cold clouds that look like they want to dump snow on us. Okay, that's not what I expected. My stillness and quietness was then interrupted by the twanging of the radiators as the heat was coming up.  My soul sighed... actually, I think it was more of a huff.

My confidence is in God's Love for me. I know He knows what my yesterdays were like and what today will be. He knew there would be massive winter cloudage today instead of a crisp, beautiful autumn morning. I know He knows I won't actually pack and move to Alaska. With a smirk, He waited for me in quiet stillness and then listened to my aching heart, beckoning me to still be still. Just remain still, Diane. So, I continued to sit. Sit still and enjoy His Presence. And now I'm strengthened.

I started my day out on the right foot.  I started it with Jesus, with His Word, and in quietness, allowing my confidence in Him to rise above all the other noise in my head.  Now, Alaska seems way too cold a place to run to. Oh, Thank You, my Father!  Thank You for the blessing of a nice warm home on Long Island.  Thank You for strengthening me.  Thank you for waking me with Your Word and then waiting for me to join You this morning. I am blessed.
I pray for you today that in quietness and confidence you will find strength for your journey-day.  God bless you!


Because of Him and Unto Him

8 comments:

Jamie @ Six Bricks High said...

I too have found strength in His presence lately...just being still with Him. So thankful!

Diane said...

Isn't it awesome, to see His Scriptures come alive in our lives. The hard part is just sitting still, but when we do, man, does He meet us!

Martha Herden said...

Diane-
Your message hit home with me too as I have been running such a race with this Chronic Pain and how the Lord can stop us in our tracks so that we will be "still" and listen is amazing! While waiting to see my doctor yesterday, (long wait) a man got very angry about how long it was taking-I knew what lay behind his anger-PAIN. So when they called my name, I asked them to take him before me, because his wait had been long and he really needed to see the Doctor. He was shocked and said a very heartfelt "thank you" to me and said he was willing to wait!

The "look" that went between us said so much. He too had finally settled and realized "be still" and wait. It was very powerful. Keep writing, your blog is wonderful.

lol, Martha

atticvintagetreasures said...

Hi Diane~ THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! I needed to get that out of my system 1st! LOL, My name is Liz, I came across your site while trying to find some encouragement, advice, & confidence when I started a blog to market some items I am going to be listing on artfire, etsy & ebay. The Lord sure did step in & brought me in a whole different direction that I was going in to find these things! I can't stop reading your posts! They are ALL so beautifully written, & I find comfort & direction in them!
Would you mind if I were to share some of your content/pics on my site as well? Of course I would direct them back to your blog, but they do wonders for me & I'd like to share them w/a twist of my story as well as how they may "fit" w/some of the vintage items & stories that may go along w/that piece.
I know one thing for sure, you have found a new follower, that just can't wait to see what you'll be writing next!
God Bless You!
Liz

Diane Ronzino said...

Martha, I love your heart. That was a Jesus-thing you did for that man. And I'm sure the "look" between you could only be seen through someone who has walked the walk. Thank you for sharing today!!

And thank you for the encouraging word to keep writing. I was up early with The Lord again this morning, I told Him that I was going to stop this blog unless He encouraged me about my writing through someone. I almost can't believe it. Thank you for being His vessel to speak to me today. You and Liz!

I changed somethings around on the blog - different things on the right side. I was writing all morning and just stopped and realized you and Liz had left a comment. I almost cried. Thank You, Lord!

Diane Ronzino said...

Hi Liz! Welcome to my blog and Martha's!!! I'm so blessed my your comments. Thank YOU! I really was going to give up on blogging as of this morning, so your comment, was really from our Lord, to keep writing. I cannot thank YOU enough for being His vessel to speak to me. I truly am blessed.

Yes, you may share on your site. Thank you for asking.

And by the way, I am a huge Etsy shopper. I'll be stopping by your store.

I look forward to getting to know you and reading your blog.

Please feel free to email me at: lighthouse.diane@gmail.com at anytime.

God bless you and much success to your business!

wordglow said...

Wow, Diane... God really answered about your blog! I told you! :)

This post was beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

Pam

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Pam!