Saturday, October 8, 2011

QUIRK!

d

D

d.

D.

When I'm in a hurry while emailing, I sign my name with just my first-name initial.  But, I seem to have an odd quirk:  For the most part I'll type "D." (Capital D with a period) because it's the proper way to write the initial for my name.  But, the creative side of me just wants to sign off with "d" (lower case d with no period).  So, after I type "D.", I always want to change it to "d", but rarely do.

The teacher/writer/lover of written words in me knows correct grammar is important, but the creative flow from my heart wants to just be that - creative. Quite the quandary this initial-signing thing has created for me. Who really cares anyway?  

It's simple to rectify my dilemma.  I have three choices: do not be in a hurry when emailing so I can type out my full first name or be in a hurry but take the extra second it would take to shift plus type a period and not think twice about it. After all, how much time am I really saving by just typing a "d".  Or I could stop being quirky and just type "d" - a "d" with no regrets!

Well, I hope you're having a good laugh, because I am.  I can't believe I'm even posting about this...

Someday, I'm going to ask my Heavenly Father about the quirky side of me.  Hopefully, He will not give me a long narrative on some deep psychological reason why I am the way I am, but just laugh and say, "I love that about you".  And, hopefully, you do, too - no matter how I sign my emails.

Because of Him and Unto Him

No comments: