Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Precious Collectibles

Tears are words the heart can't express.
~ Author Unknown

There is a sacredness in tears.  
They are not a mark of weakness, but of power. 
 They speak more eloquently than ten thousand tongues.  
They are the messengers of overwhelming grief, of deep contrition, and of unspeakable love. 
~ Washington Irving

God loves you so. He cares so much about you and I, and what we are going through, to collect all of our tears and keep them in His bottle. Like an adoring mother watching over her infant and recording all his precious moments, God records all of our shed tears. 
You number my wanderings; put my tears into Your bottle. Are they not in Your book? - Psalm 56:8

Don't ever be ashamed of your tears. They are most precious to our loving God, Who sees and knows all - even the tears we cry in secret.  May you be comforted in knowing your Heavenly Father cherishes you so!




7 comments:

Jamie @ Six Bricks High said...

So very thankful that He cherishes us! And not a single tear shed that He doesn't care about.

Diane Ronzino said...

Amen! Thanks for reading and commenting, Jamie!

Claire Vorster said...

One day, when things seemed beyond breaking point, the Lord gave me a vision. Part of it was Him taking me to a beautiful place underground, shimmering blue and silver. There was a pool in that sacred place;

'This is every tear you have ever cried' He said.

He does keep our tears, more than that even He keeps count of them. They are scared to Him because they speak of suffering. But there is also peace and a holy stillness where those tears are.

A very strong sense that it is *OK*

It's OK.

Thank you Diane, your words always make me look at Him rather than away.

xxC

Diane said...

Oh, Claire, what a beautiful, life-sustaining vision! Thank you for sharing it. And thank you for your kind words, encouraging words. That's my goal as a writer.

Martha Herden said...

Tears-such a powerful blog Diane. It probably sounds weird but I do not like to Cry, somehow have it in my head that I am being weak! Recently I purchased the latest music cd out by the little angel, Jackie Evancho and while listening to it, the Tears just poured out of me. My husband was driving and I looked at him and said "now here I am, a grown woman, crying like a baby over this beautiful singing done by a child" and his simple, loving answer was "those tears are coming from your heart-let them flow! Nothing wrong with tears!"

So this blog just helped confirm his loving answer. Thank you Diane for this beautiful message.

Love, Martha

Diane Ronzino said...

Wow, Martha! Thank you for sharing. Somehow I knew you weren't a crier - unlike me. I probably shed enough tears for both of us. How much more precious your tears are to Jesus!

I have cried, also, listening to Jackie. There is something very spiritual about her.

What a loving thing for your husband to say. He is a very special man.

cecilia agresti said...

Dear Diane Thank You for this wonderful message. Just know that those tears are cleansing us of all the pain and hurts. But know that they will be changing to tears of JOY, GOD bless You my sister. CECILIA AGRESTI