Monday, October 3, 2011

Merciful Tomorrows

I sigh when I think of Anne of Green Gables - "Anne with an 'e'."  I never read the book, but I love the movie.

Sigh...

One of my favorite quotes from the movie is: "Marilla, isn't it nice to think that tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet?"

A new day.  A new day with no mistakes.  YET.

Mistakes are inevitable.  But, we must remember God's compassion and mercy is waiting for us in that new day - it's already there to cover our mistakes.
Through The LORD'S mercies, we are not consumed, because His compassion's fail not.  They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.                              ~ Lam. 3:22 & 23
Yes, mistakes are inevitable, but so is God's compassion and mercy. Don't forget that when tomorrow comes!

Because of Him and Unto Him

3 comments:

wordglow said...

I was just thinking of using that quote in a post soon, but you beat me to it :) That's okay...there are lots of great ones from her that I found to use too. I had never read the book until I saw the movie,but after falling in love with her I read all of the series. Beautiful. I have the movies on DVD finally too...one of those ones where you memorize the words because you see it so much. I think of her walking thru those Autumn forests as I'm writing my blog right now... Great message. Especially for what I'm about to go through. Each day is new...and He'll take care of it.

Pam

Diane said...

Sorry about that Pam - you still can though. Anne is one of my all time favorites. I love "the lake of shining waters". Wouldn't you love to visit PEI? I would!

wordglow said...

Yes, yes, yes! My friend and I have talked about doing that someday, but don't know if we'll get there. I love that name she gave the lake too.
No prob about the quote... just shows we are on same wavelength. :)