Saturday, July 23, 2011

My Name Is The Same, But...

My mother's maiden name was Drueke.  Relatives of hers started the Drueke chessboard company many years ago. They were the suppliers of world-class tournament chessboards. (And beautiful ones I might say!)  Drueke is a part of my heritage.  It was a part of my mother and it is a part of me.

This is the original Drueke game company building in Grand Rapids, Michigan:


The company was evenutally sold to Carrom Game Co. and the building has since been completely renovated and now looks like this:


You would never know this is the same building.  Even the railroad tracks on the right side of the building are gone.
Jesus answered, "Most assuredly, I say to you, unless one is born of water and the Spirit, he cannot enter the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh, and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Do not marvel that I said to you, ' You must be born again'.    ~ John 3:5-7
The Drueke building photos are a good way to explain what it means to be "born again" of our spirits. The woman I am today is "renovated" from the woman I was before Jesus Christ came into my spirit.  I went from an "old building" to a "renovated, modern building".  
Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; old things have passed away; behold, all things have become new. ~ II Corth. 5:17
Hallelujah, old things of who I was have passed away and I've become a new creation!

Because of Him and Unto Him

No comments: