Friday, July 29, 2011

More Than Just Words On A Page

I'm embarrassed to admit it, but due to the happenings of life, it seems the last three years have left me a bit self absorbed. This week especially - it's been a really tough one, which casued me to withdraw into myself. But, I just finished reading the latest post, Remembering...Candles in the Darkness, on Pam Depoyan's blog, Writing...Apples of Gold. My heart was touched as she drew me in with her prolific language. Somehow, her engaging words lifted the blanket that seemed to be covering my soul this week. Her post snapped me back to reality and truth - the world is so much greater than me, the world's pain so much more cruel.

Isn't it wondrous that spoken or written words can have that kind of affect on our lives? Words have the power to heal and encourage, comfort and build up, and bring life and strength to the weary.
A word fitly spoken and in due season is like apples of gold in settings of silver.  ~ Prov. 25:11 (Amp.)
If God puts someone on your heart, don't hesitate to reach out with your words - whether verbal or written.  They will have a life force within them to touch a heart, warm a cold soul, heal a wound, brighten a day, or even snap someone back to reality.  Your words can have untold meaning for someone - far more valuable than gold or silver.

Thank you, Pam, for your anointed words of Life to my soul today!

Because of Him and Unto Him


4 comments:

wordglow said...

Thank you, Diane - your words mean more than you know, too! If praying hard for our own situations is self absorption, than I'm guilty of that too...but as I've been thinking about the "living letters" I've known, it's lifted me to see how God moves through us... even when we have no idea that he is. You make a difference! Believe that - because he shines in your words too.

Pam

Diane said...

Oh, thank you, Pam! What a precious compliment. Thank you!

Lolita said...

Amen to both my new encouragers. God has sent and thank you that you have responded to His biddings. I knew it immediately when a link of Pam's blog showed up in one of my googlings. I clicked it and there I read one post, lingered and kept coming back. Then I saw your comments too.

Diane Ronzino said...

I'm so glad you "found" us both. I call those "found" moments, Divine Interventions. I've come to know Pam through her blog and I know her "by The Spirit" not the flesh, as Scripture dictates.

I truly look forward to getting to know you, my sister in Christ!