Sunday, July 3, 2011

A Little Bit of Inspiration

(Post Script Edit:  When I saw these first three photos, I was inspired to write the little "ditties".  I was shopping on Etsy.com at My Little Pixels shop at the time.  The photographer is Anna Jane.  I wrote and asked permission to use these three photos.  I hadn't heard back for a few days, so I posted photos from the Internet for the first three.  The last two photos are of our beach.  However, Anna Jane has since given me permission to use her photos, so I edited and switched the first three photos to the ones that truly inspired me to write. Her shop is very new.  If you get a chance, please stop by her Etsy shop, My Little Pixels.   The bottom two photos my son, Andrew Ronzino, took of our beach when he was home a few weeks ago.)


As raindrops and morning dew quench nature's thirst,
So Your Word and Spirit quench mine


~~~

My childlike wishes upon dandelion seeds
Have grown into bold requests - each blown Heavenward


~~~

Beach glass and shells - what stories they could tell
Of beginnings and endings, life and death. 
Life down under washed ashore...oh, what stories they could tell!


~~~

To sit quietly on the beach
is to be in God's classroom
He talks, I listen.
Inquiring into creation all around me
I manipulate my fingers through, over, and under
Deeply I breath their scents
Wondering what their life once was.


God's classroom beckons to me
The Teacher is waiting upon the pupil 

~~~

What can you tell me about this giant boulder that stands as gatekeeper to our beach


that withstands time, crashing waves, and shifting sand?
Oh,I long to know the who, what, where, why, and when's of this massive rock
It's secrets I'd love to unlock.

Because of Him and Unto Him

5 comments:

Janet at New Moon Glass said...

nice words...awesome pictures!

wordglow said...

Gorgeous words and photos. Did you take these? Mmm... beautiful.

wordglow said...

I can't figure out how to sign up to follow your blog - is there a link?

Pam

Diane said...

Janet, thanks for stopping by! I cannot take credit for the photos. I've added a P.S. edit. Please come back and check it out.

Diane said...

Wordglow...thank you for your kind words. I have just added a P.S. edit to my post. Please come back and check it out.

In regard to "following"...I'm clueless as to what happend to my followers. It's been erased somehow, which I didn't know. I just added to be able to follow via email. Thanks for letting me know.