Wednesday, July 20, 2011

At The Foot of The Cross

They say that during life and death traumatic moments, your life passes before your eyes. I had this happen to me once while a knife was at my throat and the man was ordering me to take off my clothes.  In a split second, like an old movie projection, my life passed before my mind's eye. I really don't understand how or why this happenes, but I do know that it does. To me, it was a supernatural experience that I have never forgotten.

About ten years ago during worship in our church, my 15 year old son was worhipping The Lord.  He was thinking of Jesus Christ dying on the Cross and he wondered if Jesus' whole Life flashed before His Eyes.

Andrew wept as He heard the Lord speak to his heart, "No, yours did."

As He hung dying, our lives passed before His eyes.  Oh, how He loves us!
Surely, He has borne our griefs and carried our sorrows; yet, we esteemed Him stricken, smitten by God and afflicted.  But, He was wounded for our transgressions, He was bruised for our iniquitites; the chastisement of our peace was upon Him and by His stripes we are healed.  All we, like sheep, have gone astray; we have tuned every one to his own way, and The LORD has laid on Him the iniquity of us all.        ~Isaiah 53:4-6
Because of Him and Unto Him

4 comments:

wordglow said...

I really needed to hear this again today. That our lives flashed before his eyes... I don't think we'll ever really know the depth of that love... and by his stripes we are healed. Praying healing of that horrible memory for you too...

Pam

Diane said...

Thank you, Pam. The LORD has healed me of that memory a long time ago. And long story short, the guy ended up stealing all my cash and credit cards, but left me alone when I refused to take my clothes off. I'll praise The LORD forever for that - I know that was His Divine protection over me.

Andrew Ronzino said...

I still have never forgot that! I'm glad you haven't either. Thank you for sharing this. :-)

Diane said...

Thanks, Andrew. I'm glad you didn't mind. I love you!