Tuesday, June 7, 2011

He Waits For Us

I've been taking daily communion for a week or so now to put my body and soul in remembrance of what Jesus did for me - that by His stripes I am healed.  In the last few years, I've been so self-absorbed by my personal family situation and my physical pain that I lost the degree of intimacy I had with Him. Oh, Jesus, forgive me!  

Yesterday morning while taking communion The Lord spoke deep in my heart these words:
I wait...I wait...I wait for you to come and sit in quietness of soul; I wait for you to wait on Me; I wait for you, Beloved, but you don't come...I wait...
I wept.  I'm sorry, Lord...I'm so sorry. I knew in my heart I had let Him down. And from the tone of His voice, I knew I had missed out greatly.  As hard as it was to hear those words, I was so very grateful for them.  Jesus cared enough to speak truth to me, He missed me enough to speak to me when I finally did get quiet, and He was patient enough to have waited for me.  Healing, of a different kind, took place.

I am blessed and I know that by His stripes I am physically healed as well!

Because of Him and Unto Him

3 comments:

wordglow said...

Wow! I can totally relate to this one... been taking communion a lot lately too and claiming those same promises. And hearing His voice calling me deeper too... His heart for us is unfathomable! Been experiencing some odd physical stuff lately, but - Yes, by His stripes we are healed! This post encourages me greatly today! :) xPam

Diane said...

Thanks for sharing with me, Pam. As I take communion, I'll keep you close to my heart and lift you up in prayer.

wordglow said...

Thanks, I appreciate that! I'll keep you in my prayers too...

Pam