Tuesday, May 3, 2011

No More Wobbly Wheels

The Ronzino Family


While praying this morning, I saw a wagon wheel. Jesus' Name was on the hub and I could see the names of the members of my family on the spokes.  The outer rim represented the connection we all have with each other.



If a spoke is broken on a wheel, the strength of that wheel is diminished. The rest of the spokes must carry the load. Sooner or later, pressure will cause the wheel to wobble creating quite a bumpy ride.



If left, it will eventually lead to complete breakdown.  The wheel will no longer function in the capacity for which it was created.



The Lord has encouraged me throughout the day that prayer is key to my family wheel's functioning.  Prayer is the pressure-lifter.  Without prayer, the accumulated pressures will cause the spokes to break and connections to be lost.
Arise, cry out in the night, at the beginning of the watches; pour out your heart like water before the face of the Lord.  Lift your hands toward Him for the life of your young children...  ~ Lamentations 2:19
Lord, thank You for the wake-up call.  Forgive me for all the times I've been laxed in praying.  Awaken my offensive, intercessor's heart for my family. 

7 comments:

Claire Vorster said...

Very good post Diane and extremely relevant to my family situation at this time.

As always you deliver great insight.

Claire xx

Kevin said...

Diane, I am fairly certain you are the Diane I am thinking of. I just wanted to shoot you a quick comment / note. God used you and your family at a point in the lives of my family to bless us in such awesome ways. It has been a long time and we have gone a long way from those days, but I wanted to let you know that you and your family had touched the lives of others in such an extremely profound way. God bless you and your family and thank you so very much for all you did and all you gave during those days.

You are all forever in my prayers.

--Kevin (Maureen's son).

Andrew Ronzino said...

Mom! Thank you very much for the prayer! I love you!

Diane said...

Thank you, Claire! Happy Mother's Day!

Diane said...

Oh, my gosh! Kevin! You will never know how blessed I am to hear from you and the timing - I truly am encouraged by your very kind words.

How is your mother and sister and brothers? I'd love to hear an update on everyone. Are you still on Long Island?

How did you find my blog? I hope you will come back and keep in touch. Please give my love to all. You are welcome to email me at: lighthouse.diane@gmail.com. Please update on all.

Thank you for taking the time to write. I will treasure your kind words always. And thank you for your prayers. God bless you, Kevin! Diane

Diane said...

I love you, Andrew. Thank you for saying, "thank you"!!! It means a lot!

Pam said...

I love this image He brought to your mind! One time when I was praying for someone I've prayed since childhood for (he's now in his 80's), I was asking the Lord why it was taking so long, why the word wasn't yet taking root in him. He put a picture in my mind of a leaky barrel...how the word would go in, but leak out, but then He put in my heart how He was using the prayers going up for him to close up those leaks, to strengthen him to receive and retain God's spirit... Yes, prayer moves so much more than we know!