Sunday, March 6, 2011

Sunday's Song

Jesus, Lover of My Soul was bubbling up out of my spirit in the shower this morning.  I love that song.  The beginning words are:

 Jesus, Lover of my soul; Jesus, I will never let You go.
You've taken me from the mirey clay, set my feet upon the Rock,
now I know...

Isaiah 30:18 in the Amplified Version says, "And, therefore, the Lord (earnestly) waits (expecting, looking, and longing) to be gracious to you; and, therefore, lifts Himself up, that He may have mercy on you and show loving-kindness to you. For the LORD is a God of justice.  Blessed (happy, fortunate, and to be envied) are all those who (earnestly) wait for Him; who expect, and look, and long for Him (for His victory, His favor, His love, His peace, His joy, and His matchless, unbroken companionship."

"His matchless, unbroken companionship"...that calms my introverted soul and reminds me that I'm not only never alone, but that Jesus is my constant, faithful, soul-mate companion. The One I've longed for my whole life is ever with me.


Therefore, when I sing this song, I sing, Jesus, Companion of my soul right to Him. It builds me up and makes me ready for anything.  Is. 30:18 Amplifed is one of my favortie Scriptures.

He truly is The Lover of our souls!

I hope you sing strong and purposeful in the shower today!

No comments: