Friday, March 11, 2011

Set a Watch

Set a guard oh, LORD, over my mouth; keep watch over the door of my lips.  Do not incline my heart to any evil thing... ~Ps. 141:3-4 
Oh, God, my God,
Set a watch over my MOUTH,
that I may only bless and not curse

Se a watch over my EYES,
that I may see through Your eyes only, not my own

Set a watch over my EARS,
that Your voice alone do I hear

Set a watch over my BODY
that I may only eat from Your plan

Set a watch over my HANDS,
that they may reach out to embrace, never to shove away

Set a watch over my FEET
that they may walk obediently to Your Word

Set a watch over my soul
that joy would overflow from wanting nothing

Set a watch over my SPIRIT
that I may abide in You always

Oh, God, my God
set a watch over my WHOLE BEING
and complete the good work that You have begun

2 comments:

Claire Vorster said...

Set a watch! I love that Diane, an active prayer for help that we might be different.

Great post, great prayer x

C

Diane said...

Thank you, Claire!