Monday, March 7, 2011

My Birth Day!

Today is my birth day - 28 years ago on March 7th I, literally, was given a new life.  Although my physical birth date is June 14, this is the only birthday that matters to me.  For the Diane that lives today was born on March 7, 1983.

My life, for 29 years, was a chaotic mess.  Joe and I were on on the verge of divorce. I was a horrible wife and mother. My health had deteriorated to the point I was told I would spend the rest of my life in a wheelchair from an unknown disease. I was an angry, scared human being from childhood and my life was going to come to a terrible, fast conclusion - suicide.  I truly believed my children would have been better off without me at the rate I was going. God heard my heart's cries and intervened on that Wednesday night around 8:30.

My neighbor invited me to a Catholic charismatic prayer group.  At the end of the meeting, I began to cry - sob, actually - from the pit of my being for about 45 minutes. When I got done crying, I knew that I knew something was different within me.  God had just done something deep within my spirit - the angry, old Diane was being washed away by the Love of God pouring into my being. God recreated me anew.  Thus began a miraculous journey of healing, deliverance, and servanthood.

For 28 years, I've been on a glorious pilgrimage of love and faith.  Peace and joy replaced anger; radical faith replaced fear; love replaced...well...Love replaced much of the nastiness of who Diane was.  I humbly say that He transformed me into His Vessel of Honor.  Jesus Christ gave me a new lease on life.  He healed me physically, emotionally, and mentally and has allowed me to serve and worship Him all these years.

Today I'm 28 years old!  Thank You, Lord Jesus for all You have done to change me, heal me, and set me free from me!  Thank You for loving me and healing me so that I can love myself and love others, even the unlovely.  I look forward to serving You for the next 28 years!  Thank You, for the gift of Life - for the gift of my life.

2 comments:

Claire Vorster said...

Beautiful, beautiful Diane. What a story! You have come so far - and it takes great courage to come so far. Thank you for feeding us who are hungry with the life that you so obviously live IN HIM.

Thank you,
Claire

Diane said...

Thank you for your kind and encouraging words, Claire! I appreciate you!