Saturday, March 5, 2011

Forever Amazed and Grateful

I'm always amazed when God unexpectedly does things for me or shows me things I don't know. My spirit-man does leaps and jumps, dancing within the confines of this body, but not able to bust loose.

I'm taking a writing class and we were given a few topics to choose from for our creative writing assignment that morning.  The Stairway stood out to me like a neon light.  OK, so The Stairway it will be. Immediately, in my mind's eye I saw the stairway that led to our second-floor apartment in Queens, NY when I was a young child. Somehow I knew this was going to be a cathartic writing assignment.  I hadn't thought of that stairway in 50 years.

I had an epiphany while writing.  I was back in that time, at that age and place, feeling, hearing, sensing my little world around me, and reliving those moments. As I penned my words, I realized what an special place that stairway was for me.

And then toward the end of my writing, The LORD showed me something about my creative imagination and my mother.

The little girl deep within me sighed a sigh of ah-ha, now I understand - another epiphanic moment where I learned sometime about my mother straight from my Heavenly Father.  After 51 years, I guess my Father decided now was the time for me to understand one more thing about my mommy, stirring love in my heart for her, even though she is long passed on. The deep revalatory understanding is a gift He gives me whenever He heals me from my past.

You can read the story called The Stairwell's Secrets under the Heart Warmers page at the top of the blog. It's the last story on that page.

Thank You, my Father. I am truly, truly blessed.


Because of Him and Unto Him,

9 comments:

A Joyful Noise said...

Thank you for sharingyour blessed story at Tell Me a Story. Wow, it is amazing how God takes a hint of something and reveals truth to us.
A stairway how beautiful that God showed you love from your past with this.

Diane Ronzino said...

Hazel, if you knew the full story of our relationship prior to her death, all these healings that God has done in me and shown me different aspects of my mother, you would be amazed at. A love I didn't have for her while alive, I sure do today. Only Jesus can heal the broken and wounded. Only Jesus can take us back in time. Only Jesus, 50 years later, can show me things about myself...

May my Jesus be glorified always through my telling of His wonderous healing nature.

Saleslady371 said...

This is beautiful, Diane. I think stairways have so much personality and what a gift from Him to receive a loving memory! Now I want to read the rest of the story!

Ann Cocktale said...

That is a sweet story of how God can protect the little ones that He loves so. Thank you for using your creativity for Him.

Diane Ronzino said...

Mary, I hope you enjoy the story. Thanks for wanting to read it!

Diane Ronzino said...

Mary, I hope you enjoy the story. Thanks for wanting to read it!

Diane Ronzino said...

Thank you, Anne, for your kind words.

Mynnette said...

Isn't God wonderful? I love that He brings more and more to our understanding as we seek Him! :) I will go and read your story now!!! :)

Diane Ronzino said...

Welcom Mynnette! Did you come over from Tell Me A Story?

Thank you for taking the time to read and comment. I hope you enjoyed the backstory. God bless you!