Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Nature's Lessons

I love birds.  My dinning room has a large picture window which faces my side yard.  I have 8 feeders out there at the moment.  We get all different kinds of beautiful birds at our feeders. My favorites, though, are the male and female cardinals. They are always in pairs.  When one eats, the other always keeps watch, then they switch off.  The one always "has the other's back".

It's so peaceful to sit here and just watch them going about their business of eating. No stress, no strain, because they intuitively know our Heavenly Father supplies all their needs.  If they don't find the food at our house, they move on to the next house.  But, they don't stress, strain, or worry.
Therefore, I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about our body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your Heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they? Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?                 ~ Matt. 6:25-27
Oh, Father, teach me to be more like your trusting creatures.  Show me how to rest in You - knowing, just as these birds do, that You will provide for me.  Thank You, Father!

No comments: