Thursday, February 24, 2011

Control-less

I've always said - because I believe it in my heart - that I can write better than I speak. (As a man thinks in his heart, so is he.)   Several weeks ago, a dear friend passed on and I was to speak at his wake.  I've spoken at wakes before - or I should say, read what I wrote.  Writing a eulogy was familiar; I trusted in my ability to write the words down.

So, for two days, I put pen to paper - nothing.  I put fingers to the keyboard, nothing.  Oh, my gosh....what will I do?  I don't like being out of my comfort zone, LORD.  The morning of the wake I knew that The LORD just wanted to me to speak from my heart - no pre-written words, not even a note.  I anguished over it.  But, LORD, I write better than I speak; can't I, please, write it down?!  

I knew I was to just speak.  So, I prayed for the right words.  I prayed for God's anointing.  I prayed that I wouldn't burst into uncontrollable tears. God answered my prayers. He did anoint me with just the right words, just the right stories, and just the right amount of tears. He proved Himself to me - again - because I dared to trust in Him. I finally got the message: It's really when I'm out of my comfort zone, and don't have control, that I fully let go and put my trust in God.  And He is ever faithful.

Please share one of your "out of my comfort zone" stories with me.

2 comments:

Melanie Reyes said...

Thank you DI for this encouraging word. I love your vulnerability & honesty! It(you) have always been an inspiration to me...love you~ Mel

Diane said...

Thank you, Melanie for your support. It means a lot to me! Thank you for taking the time to read and comment!